By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor!!! MS teams up with Samsung to offer Xbox 360 TV's

That is a very good idea, i'd for one buy one for my cousin.

*Waits for a Fanboy to say LOL TV RROD*

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

My god, this was the exact idea I was having this morning. A console that's not a single unit, but more a set of standards, licence the technology to as many companies as possible, the console would be built into as many products as possible = massive market penetration.

Be hell for ioi to track, though ;)

Actually this bundling is perhaps the best way for Microsoft to actually win this console war, hell beat even Nintendo. :)

Tease.

@Squillam - I wouldn't count MS's lack of knowledge in the home electronics field as a plus.

If this is true, it will be the dumbest idea I heard all week? What if the xbox happens to have a hardware issue?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Interesting concept, but I don't know why people think this would make the 360 much more popular. How big is the Samsung HDTV market? Not very.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

I can see bundling the 360 with a Samsung TV when you buy one, the same Sony did with Bravias and PS3.

I don't think a built-in 360 is a very good idea. What if you want to switch TV's or something.

.. And isn't Samsung on the Sony-side since the blu-ray thing and all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

This is awesome news, although I believe it's false.

But how can a X360 be fit into a flat screen LCD?

BottledSpringWater said:
I can see bundling the 360 with a Samsung TV when you buy one, the same Sony did with Bravias and PS3.

I don't think a built-in 360 is a very good idea. What if you want to switch TV's or something.

.. And isn't Samsung on the Sony-side since the blu-ray thing and all?

Corporations don't take sides outside of what their contract tells them to.

built in 360 into a TV....what if the 360 parts red ring, what then?
That fancy tv don't look so fancy no more.

On a serious note though I simply see the 360 being bundled/offered when you buy a Samsung tv, just like sony is doing with the PS3/bravia bundle/offer.

Slimebeast said:
This is awesome news, although I believe it's false.

But how can a X360 be fit into a flat screen LCD?

It'd be spread out across the size of the screen. If the smallest model they made was 32", then they've got 32" of room to spread it across.