By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 price cut makes sense, says Pachter

I found the above photo of Pachter discussing why a 360 price cut makes sense.

Around the Network

Pachter said that Sony's revelation that they lost USD 1 billion on PS3 last year suggests that they are still pricing around USD 100 below cost. Chairman Stringer's promise that they won't lose money this year makes a price cut for the PS3 all the more difficult.

Man, this guy totally fails. First of all, NO WAY a price cut makes sense when M$ is getting their asses handed to them in Europe and Japan and barely equaling in North America by a console that costs $50-$150 more.

Also, where did he get the idea that Sony is still losing $100 per console? I mean, Sony sold like 9 million consoles last year and lost $1 billion dollars. That means the average loss per console for was about $110. The average. And this given the fact that for much of 2007, Sony was losing more than $200 per console. Thus, in order to lose an average of $110 per console, they would have lose less than $110 per console for a significant amount of time. (that's some serious 2nd grade math there...)

This guy is such a moron, it just amazes me. I say send him packing and give ioi his job.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

this price cut will help the xb 360 alot, and will force sony to do more than a bundle to help its cause here in the states. u add the great lineup the xb 360 has coming from august through dec and the ps3 cant match it all, sure the ps3 has some great games resistance2 and lbp & maybe home. still that is no where enough to combat the game lineup and superior online of xb 360 and xbl. sony and the ps3 will give m$ and the xb 360 all it can handle without question next year, but i think it will be at least summer next year at the earlest before the ps3 can match the xb 360 in sales ww. that is what i believe anyways.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
this price cut will help the xb 360 alot, and will force sony to do more than a bundle to help its cause here in the states.

The whole point is my grandma could have figured this out. Why do you need some "expert" to tell you that?

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it