By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Canada May 07

It's safe to say Nintendo owns Canada! Those PS3 numbers are really dreadful.

Around the Network

is there one territory nintendo didn't own currently???

Wow Wii beat DS in Canada, interesting.

Crazy... how close were these to your expectations ioi?

With the Wii actually beating the DS, we can't exactly use a 10x multiplier for US figures. (The DS remains the best selling console in the US hands down.)

So that begs the question, do Canadians not like gaming on the go? I think it's kind of odd that the DS sales are so low in the territory. Can anyone provide any reasoning or conjecture as to why?

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

Couldn't Resist: Too many hockey head injuries make it hard for Canadians to squint at small screens.

Real Theory: Nintendo shipped all the DS units it could to the USA for the DS demand Pokemon added.  Canada probably likes Pokemon too, but meeting USA demand is more important since it is the bigger market.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

They dont go out much, eh.

Steve 3.2 said:

So that begs the question, do Canadians not like gaming on the go? I think it's kind of odd that the DS sales are so low in the territory. Can anyone provide any reasoning or conjecture as to why?

It is really quite simple.  With it being so cold in Canada the batteries just don't last plus the big bulky mitts we have to wear most of the time don't help.

Does NPD release the figures for Canada before the ones for USA?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957