By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War 2 - Best Game of all times?

erikguy said:
ChartsViewer said:

Hello people!

I would like you to discuss this :)

I know that some of you like Mario type games, I know that some of you like racer type games, I know that some of you like FPS type games, etc....

But for the hardcore gamer like me, and I think there are still plenty of them out there, Gears of War 2 it's shapping up to be one of the best games ever made, or even the best game ever! :)

What do you think folks? Please consider lasting appeal :)

What do you think? :)

Some videos:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/234099.html?playlist=featured

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/234210.html

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/18776

Im a hxc gamer but I think you're a stupid kid....

Not cool. One and only warning - no personal attacks of any type please.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
i love xbox360 said:
is it just me or was gears of war really really overrated ???? i just found the graphics and game play really boring

Holy hell, with your name, and tag... and you actually said the truth... I salute you.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Yes, as someone who has played Gears of War 2, the third person shooter from Epic Games creator Clifford Bleszinski, also known as Cliffy B, Gears of War 2, the third person shooter from Epic Games creator Clifford Bleszinski is the greatest video game on a video game console. As a hardcore gamer, I enjoy playing hardcore games, and Gears of War 2 is a hardcore game. For hardcore gamers. Other gamers such as casuals and non gamers will not enjoy this game, but for hardcore gamers, they will enjoy Gears of War 2. Other games, such as Bomberman: Act Zero and Viva Pinata are not for hardcore gamers, but Gears of War 2 is. Now that Gears of War 2 is beaten, I can say that I like this game. Gears of War 2. Game.

Smeags said:
Yes, as someone who has played Gears of War 2, the third person shooter from Epic Games creator Clifford Bleszinski, also known as Cliffy B, Gears of War 2, the third person shooter from Epic Games creator Clifford Bleszinski is the greatest video game on a video game console. As a hardcore gamer, I enjoy playing hardcore games, and Gears of War 2 is a hardcore game. For hardcore gamers. Other gamers such as casuals and non gamers will not enjoy this game, but for hardcore gamers, they will enjoy Gears of War 2. Other games, such as Bomberman: Act Zero and Viva Pinata are not for hardcore gamers, but Gears of War 2 is. Now that Gears of War 2 is beaten, I can say that I like this game. Gears of War 2. Game.

lol confusing post, i think i get what you mean but im not sure

IMO Shenmue is the greatest game ever.

Around the Network
Ryudo said:
IMO Shenmue is the greatest game ever.

Nice to see some sanity is still left around here :D

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
ChartsViewer said:

Hello people!

I would like you to discuss this :)

I know that some of you like Mario type games, I know that some of you like racer type games, I know that some of you like FPS type games, etc....

But for the hardcore gamer like me, and I think there are still plenty of them out there, Gears of War 2 it's shapping up to be one of the best games ever made, or even the best game ever! :)

What do you think folks? Please consider lasting appeal :)

What do you think? :)

Some videos:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/234099.html?playlist=featured

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/234210.html

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/18776

Diablo 3 says hi!

I think I speak from my heart and the heart of many others in the world of gaming when I say "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Gears2 to me just looks like another 360 testosterone filled shooter. Am getting tired of 360's freaking space suit and guns fiasco, even in their RPG'S that's what the clothing usually looks like. It's different genre's but it looks like everything was just pulled from shooters and then twisted and turned. And to be honest, for me and a few others I know, IT'S REALLY GETTING OLD!!!

4 ≈ One

bouzane said:
If Gears 2 is simply more of the same then I doubt that I'll be of the opinion that it is the best game of all time.

Halo Series = Mindless running and gunning, just to soothe itchy trigger fingers in my opinion

CoD4 = Amazing all around shooter gameplay, much more fast paced and tactical.

UT3 = Amazing reflex online shooter that takes just about as much skill as CoD4

CoD4 & UT3 = YAY
Halo 1-3 = Meh.... [and I bearly see a difference between halo 1 and 3... just graphic improvements to me MAINLY]

4 ≈ One

No, it isn't. These games are definitely better than Gears: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, and Grand Theft Auto IV.

These games are just as good as Gears and I would definitely make several points for Uncharted being better having played it and Gears to very near completion. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Oblivion, Rock Band, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Resistance:  Fall of Man, Metroid Prime 3:  Corruption, Kameo:  Elements of Power, The Orange Box, Mass Effect (maybe), Halo 3, Yakuza 3:  Kenshin!, and Call of Duty 4.

And these games will also definitely have something to say about what game is the best game of this generation: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, The Next Team ICO Project, Fable 2, Too Human, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Territory, Infamous, Damnation, Tomb Raider:  Underworld, White Knight Story,   Uncharted 2, Resistance 2, Gran Turismo 5, God of War III, Little Big Planet, and Resident Evil 5.

"Personally GOW 1 was awesome. And to this day is in top 3 of the gen on any console."