By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii News Roundup - WOW what a day!

So wow, it's been a huge day for the Wii.  Tons of big things announced.  Here's a summary of all the big info for those of you who are looking to catch up without digging through the forums.

-Mega Man 9 announced for WiiWare in incredible 8-bit glory. link

-Castlevania Judgement, a new Castlevania fighter with some sort of DS connectivity is confirmed for the Wii. link.

-Arc Rise Fantasia, a new Wii RPG from the brilliant developers at Marvelous and Image Epoch with music composed by Yasunori Mitsuda was announced for Wii.  link.

-A new Adventure Island game probably coming to WiiWare.  link.

-And finally more Fragile info and screens, confirming that Namco's new Wii RPG franchise is in fact still in development. link.

Seems to be a great day to own a Wii.

Around the Network

Its a great to own a Wii right now, if Sadness will be announced after few days then it will be awesome to own a Wii right now.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

great day indeed the return of 8bit !!!

its like a pre E3 preview of what to come

expect even more to come

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Ha, I love how all those are my threads...except the Castlevania one.

Anyway, agree :D This is great news! My most anticipated of all those is ARF. Can't wait to see what happens at E3.

And the Fragile one...

Every day is a great day to own a Wii. It got me to do 30 push-ups today before I got all fitzjangled. It's keeping me strong so I can handle the onslaught of new games getting announced every 5 seconds!

brute said:
expect even more to come
Brute, I still remember what you said about the revival of 2-d gaming in home consoles, guess what it finally come!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Every day is a great day to own a Wii. It got me to do 30 push-ups today before I got all fitzjangled. It's keeping me strong so I can handle the onslaught of new games getting announced every 5 seconds!

30 is pretty good, it took me about a month to hit 60 in one set. I think leveling up pushups is more satisfying than any ding in an MMO.

OT: They are just getting all the small announcments out of the way before the big ones come at E3.

Its a great year so far honestly, and we haven't even hit E3 yet. This is really just the latest in a number of great weeks the Wii has had and will likely continue to have as more and more devs get on board.

As unbelievable as the first year was the Wii is still gaining steam in sales even, surprising Wii fans and confounding many others. Should be an interesting E3 and a fascinating holiday season =)

To Each Man, Responsibility