By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Megaman 9 confirmed for WiiWare

naznatips said:
Fernando said:

Megaman > Metal Gear Solid

Your opinion has nothing to do with the topic and is only going to create arguments.  Don't post flamebait.  This is your warning.

Yeah, and at least compare games that are somewhat similar. That's like comparing Mega Man to Final Fantasy. You can't really compare those.

Now Maga Man > Contra, that's makes more sense. Still flame bait, which is why I'm not actually claiming that (and they are both kick ass series anyway), bit is easier to compare.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Fernando said:

Fixed!

LordTheNightKnight said:
naznatips said:
Fernando said:

Your opinion has nothing to do with the topic and is only going to create arguments.  Don't post flamebait.  This is your warning.

Yeah, and at least compare games that are somewhat similar. That's like comparing Mega Man to Final Fantasy. You can't really compare those.

Now Maga Man > Contra, that's makes more sense. Still flame bait, which is why I'm not actually claiming that (and they are both kick ass series anyway), bit is easier to compare.

Mega Man > Final Fantasy > Contra > Metal Gear Solid.

Who's next?

Soriku said:

Info from NeoGAF:

- Dr. Wily returns
- Story: Dr. Wily blames Dr. Light for robot master attacks
- various level hazards: lava, gravity-defying magnetic platforms, Mega Man clones
- attacks gained from Robot Masters: Galaxy Man’s Black Hole Bombs
- development handled by Inti Creates (Mega Man Zero, ZX, Battle Chip Challenge)
- controls: Wiimote NES style, just as you would expect it to be
- Rush returns
- 8-bit style was chosen to ‘please fans’
- 8-bit music
- 8-bit cut-scenes
- difficultly on-par with NES games
- return of classic enemies, as well as new ones
- Will Protoman be playable? “you’ll have to wait and see.”
- hopes in surpassing the quality of Mega Man 2

8-bit music?  8-bit cut scenes?  Old bosses and new bosses?  Gravity-defying magnetic platforms?  Dr. Wily?

I think I just soiled my armor.

This is going to be the Contra 4 of Mega Man games.  All fan service, but way more retro, and oh man I hope this sells a billion zillion copies so they make a Mega Man 10.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
naznatips said:
Fernando said:

Who's next?

Mario > Mega Man > Final Fantasy > Contra > Metal Gear Solid.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network

Sweet. I am so downloaded this game the day It comes out.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Daileon said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
naznatips said:
Fernando said:

Who's next?

Mario > Mega Man > Final Fantasy > Contra > Metal Gear Solid.

Star Ocean > Mega Man > Mario > Tales > Final Fantasy > Devil May Cry > Contra > Metal Gear Solid >>>>>>>>>>> Zero

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I want the bigger scans so badly now =(

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Soriku said:

Got more info from NeoGAF:

"There are better/bigger scans out now.

One of them shows Mega Man on a spinning platform where he goes in and out of the background while spinning around it, which I'm wondering if that could be done on NES or if they're using old graphics with some newer tricks."

So basically NES graphics...with tricks using the power of the Wii and not using NES-quality power?

Were people assuming that they were using an NES level of power?  You can do a heckuva lot more with 8 bits today than the NES was capable of...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Guys guys, it's not an 8-bit game :) It's gonna LOOK LIKE an 8-bit game. It's still gonna run natively on the Wii hardware, of course. And from the screenshots you can already see a thing or two that couldnt be done on the NES, anyway.