By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Megaman 9 confirmed for WiiWare

OH so very much retro win i can't even describe it. Will someone hold my hand, I'm so happy and idk what to do.

Next thing i want is Sonic 4 in all it's 2D 16-bit goodness.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network

I don't think this is anywhere near all that Capcom has up its sleeve for Megaman, on the Wii specifically. I think E3 is going to bring some nice announcements for the Blue Bomber.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

GiggityNinja said:
Oh man.
I was hoping this 8-bit game would come out on a Blu-Ray Disc so we can play it on the PS3! Dammit.
But in seriousness, I do wish it would be downloadable on all WiiWare, PSN & XBL (not so much the 360 because I loathe Micro$oft, but we have to be fair... I guess). Eh, this is a sign that I need to get a Wii...

And I hope their 8-Bit music can rival Megaman 2's "Wily Stage 1". That song is invincible. Now we wait for Megaman X9 and Megaman Legends 3 anyway.

Also, Zero sucks ass. A lot of it. Because he's a chick who thinks he's a dude. And this is coming from a guy who's favorite Megaman series is the X series.

This is probably revealing far too much geekitude, but I have both the original and two covers of that song on my iPod.

Desroko said:
GiggityNinja said:
Oh man.
I was hoping this 8-bit game would come out on a Blu-Ray Disc so we can play it on the PS3! Dammit.
But in seriousness, I do wish it would be downloadable on all WiiWare, PSN & XBL (not so much the 360 because I loathe Micro$oft, but we have to be fair... I guess). Eh, this is a sign that I need to get a Wii...

And I hope their 8-Bit music can rival Megaman 2's "Wily Stage 1". That song is invincible. Now we wait for Megaman X9 and Megaman Legends 3 anyway.

Also, Zero sucks ass. A lot of it. Because he's a chick who thinks he's a dude. And this is coming from a guy who's favorite Megaman series is the X series.

This is probably revealing far too much geekitude, but I have both the original and two covers of that song on my iPod.

"Far too much"? This is "far too much": I have a 10 SONG PLAYLIST with songs that have that song's melody. Yeah, there's my geekitude.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

This looks like it will be an instant classic.
I still hope this isn't the "secret Wii game" Capcom was holding until E3. Iwant another game for the Wii, not that this is bad, but I want more from them.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

They're relatively short games, but exceptionally tough. Mega Man 2 had me pulling my hair out. Wily's Castle is a bitch of a place, but I loved it so hard I wanted to marry it. They got progressively easier as time went on, especially when they introduced the Mega Buster (I don't know about you guys, but I'm hoping they get rid of it in this game), but I loves 'em all. But if Inafune can bring back the magic of Mega Man 2, it'll all be worth it.

And for those saying they should do *something* to modernize it don't get it. That would completely eliminate the point. I want to FEEL like I'm playing an NES game, from the graphics to the music to the gameplay. Add some modern sensibilities to the level design sure, and make some invisible differences like steadier framerates and more exact controls, but don't takes away the basic beauty of 8-bit. No mistake, this game is not for everyone. For those gamers, I'm sure Megaman X9 will be announced soon. This isn't for them. This is for old-school gamers, and for people who've never played Mega Man before. That, my friends, is a beautiful thing.

Soriku said:
trestres said:
This looks like it will be an instant classic.
I still hope this isn't the "secret Wii game" Capcom was holding until E3. Iwant another game for the Wii, not that this is bad, but I want more from them.

One of their "secret" games to be announced at TGS is a Wii one so this is different.

I haven't played many old school MMs. Are they tough? Metroid tough? A little easier? Tougher?

Depends. Some of them could get pretty tricky at times, especially once you get to Wily's Castle. As for the Robot Masters, if you know their weakness they're usually not very hard to beat. What I like to do though is go through the whole game using only the Mega Buster. Makes it much more challenging.

I'd say they're definitely harder than some of the other 2D platformers like Mario and Kirby.

Ugh.

I went over to IGN and a bunch of people were whining becuase it wasn't "AYCH DEE GAMIIIING!11!!!"

The concept of this game just went completely over their heads and they need to GTFO of my internets.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

FUCK YEAH MEGAMAN 9. CAN'T WAIT. HYPE LEVEL INCREASING.

Soriku said:

Haha...you guys gotta check out NeoGAF. They're Megaman-tizing their avatars.

^ lol at this one. I hope FFCC: TCB new info comes soon X_X

Even if they're not so fond of VGC...you still gotta love them

When I first saw TCB one I wanted to steal it.

But then I remembered that I don't like plagiarism. ):