By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs 360: GRAPHICS

leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
I sent a PM to every Mod on my friends list about you muahahahaah, just kidding. But seriously this could get you banned Leo - better settle it down mmmk?

No, I wont get banned. Though its hard to believe you arent banned for the bull$hit attacks towards MGS4.

Dude, I have an Octo-Camo flame proof troll suit. I picked it up when I killed a certain... happened just before the Ninja/Native american references.

Tease.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
d21lewis said:
Is my copy of MGS4 defective? I am repeatedly being told how awesome and amazing the graphics are in this game, but rarely I was in awe of its' beauty. The game has a lot going for it, but as far as graphics, it's only above average. And I am a HUGE Metal Gear Fan!!

I have Uncharted, too. It's a beautiful game. I feel that much of the beauty stems from the fact that it's a COLORFUL game. Ninja Gaiden II IS on par with Uncharted, and I'm not a NG II fan. I'll get my hands on Resistance II and Gears of War II soon enough, but as of right now, the PS3 and the 360 are still even.

Thank you, this thread needed someone with both consoles... Judging from screenshots only is not very good (although it does give you a pretty good idea).

*Warning huge sentence ahead*

Im going to drop the bombshell right here and now. Stand back this mofo is huge.

I like the way the PS3 renders games on my 53" Sony bravia LCD better than the Xbox360.

Tease.

A better question is probably which developer can produce the best looking game rather than what console can do it.

Yes

From my understanding:

+ the PS3 is a tiny bit higher graphically(such as more grass in GTA)
- PS3 needs instals.... so if you have 50 games you can't just pop the CD in

- BR is slower than DVD for games
+ PS3 has BR

- X360 has more of it's high profile games out already
+ PS3 high profile games are more diverse in genre

- X360 is cheaper
+ PS3 online is free

So pretty much a tie... unless you fall on a really cheap 360 bundle or you buy your console in 3 years when PS3 games are out.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

leo-j said:
Squilliam said:
I sent a PM to every Mod on my friends list about you muahahahaah, just kidding. But seriously this could get you banned Leo - better settle it down mmmk?

No, I wont get banned. Though its hard to believe you arent banned for the bull$hit attacks towards MGS4.

@NJ5

No thats not true, Ratchet and clank for the ps3 is locked at 60fps, no matter what the situation the FR doesnt drop.

You should since you are lying and putting words in the mouths of other members, and yes, the frame drops a little according to more people...

" ... it looks like ratchet and clank 4.5.. more of the same ... and all Insomniac has to do is iron out the game and fix frame rate drops. ..."

"Even though the game is beautiful there are occasions where the frame rate also drops a little too much, but this only happens when the action really heats up."

"the game also runs at a nearly flawless 60 frames per second, rendering at 720p. I say nearly flawless, because there is the very rare (and I emphasize 'very') dip here and there, but it's only a few frames at a time. I highly doubt the framerate ever drops below 50 for more than a split second, anyways."

"... game is beautiful there are occasions where the frame rate also drops a little too much, ..."

"I love the series and have played through a couple levels so far. The game so far is very easy and while the graphics are great there are certain areas where I have seen the frame rate drop, but not too often so far."

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I don't want leo-j to get banned (unless he pulls this again), but I do want him to calm down a bit more during debates though. He overreacts way too much.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

leo-j said:
sc94597 said:
Leo-J a consoles power is not determined by how good games look, but by many factors including this. It seems you don't understand. The main 3 are visuals, framerate,and size. Visuals is how good a game looks like you say. Framerate is how smooth a game runs. And size is how much stuff is on screen. Then you have many minor things like AI and Physics. While Ai and Physics could be bigger, neither console seems to utilize this, and I see many games with ps2 physics, and AI. So stop saying just because a game looks better the ps3 is more powerful.

Killzone 2 has more things going on onscreen than any shooter on the XBOX 360.

edit:

@HappySquirrel

Well I found the game that you said you have yet to see, that game is ratchet and clank, it has huge environments of platforming and is much more impressive visually than oblivion, not to mention it has barely any loading times and runs at a LOCKED 60fps.

Really?  When did you get your copy?

I give that post a 9.2.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

NJ5 said:
Yakuzaice said:
NJ5 said:

I'm still waiting for a 60 fps PS3 game which looks better than this with as many character models on screen and the same detail:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/843/843290/ninja-gaiden-2-20080102000128225.jpg

I'm not even sure Uncharted really looks much better than Ninja Gaiden 2, and Uncharted is 30 fps... I never played Uncharted, but from the screenshots I can sure see it's a pretty well-done game, but technically... nothing above what the 360 has proven IMO.

Ratchet and Clank

It's pretty hard to compare a cartoony-game to a game with more realistic graphics, but I don't see the substantial kind of difference I was looking for. Show me the best R&C screenshot you can find.

R&C is HD, has huge environments, tons of objects on screen, no mid level loading.  I have only noticed a few slowdowns (and they never dip down very low) in my four playthroughs.  For the most part it is locked at 60 FPS.

Since the topic is titled "PS3 vs 360: GRAPHICS..."

It's a give and take per game title. Both consoles from a hardware standpoint are built differently while programming is also different. Some multi-platform titles look better on the 360 while others look better on the PS3. It also depend on how well the developers know the hardeware and software for both system and what effect they are trying to acheive. I speculate that PS3 games will look better in the longrun since it is a harder platform to develop for and it's been out one year less than the 360 with multi-platform offerings between the two system are pretty much par with each other in the present. But we will never know for sure until that time comes while I think this thread will go virtually nowhere positive because above all else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

This thread is yelling out Fanboyism, they both look very similar and both have pro's and cons.

That is all

/Thread.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina