By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs 360: GRAPHICS

NJ5 said:
Yakuzaice said:
NJ5 said:

I'm still waiting for a 60 fps PS3 game which looks better than this with as many character models on screen and the same detail:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/843/843290/ninja-gaiden-2-20080102000128225.jpg

I'm not even sure Uncharted really looks much better than Ninja Gaiden 2, and Uncharted is 30 fps... I never played Uncharted, but from the screenshots I can sure see it's a pretty well-done game, but technically... nothing above what the 360 has proven IMO.

Ratchet and Clank

It's pretty hard to compare a cartoony-game to a game with more realistic graphics, but I don't see the substantial kind of difference I was looking for.

R&C

Can have up to 100 things on screen, and run at 60fps.

Also it has huge massive environments, as well as some of the best graphics on the PS3.

mM
Around the Network

@HS - I don't think it you could even render it clearly at that resolution. It would probably be a blur with oversized textures etc.

Tease.

leo-j said:

R&C

Can have up to 100 things on screen, and run at 60fps.

Also it has huge massive environments, as well as some of the best graphics on the PS3.

From a quick search, I can see that R&C's framerate slows down when the action picks up... Same thing with Ninja Gaiden 2 (there are some ridiculous parts with dozens of enemies), one more reason for me to believe the consoles aren't far away from each other in power.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I sent a PM to every Mod on my friends list about you muahahahaah, just kidding. But seriously this could get you banned Leo - better settle it down mmmk?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I sent a PM to every Mod on my friends list about you muahahahaah, just kidding. But seriously this could get you banned Leo - better settle it down mmmk?

No, I wont get banned. Though its hard to believe you arent banned for the bull$hit attacks towards MGS4.

@NJ5

No thats not true, Ratchet and clank for the ps3 is locked at 60fps, no matter what the situation the FR doesnt drop.

mM
Around the Network

360 at the peak of its graphical capabilities , PS3 just gettin started

Is my copy of MGS4 defective? I am repeatedly being told how awesome and amazing the graphics are in this game, but rarely I was in awe of its' beauty. The game has a lot going for it, but as far as graphics, it's only above average. And I am a HUGE Metal Gear Fan!!

I have Uncharted, too. It's a beautiful game. I feel that much of the beauty stems from the fact that it's a COLORFUL game. Ninja Gaiden II IS on par with Uncharted, and I'm not a NG II fan. I'll get my hands on Resistance II and Gears of War II soon enough, but as of right now, the PS3 and the 360 are still even.

Technically, the PS3 *could* produce superior visuals if the engine architecture and the overlying visual art were optimized for the PS3 environment to its full capacity. Most games released so far on the PS3 are struggling at 720p (I'm looking right at you GTA IV), but this is not saying that it can't do more. The truth is (I am developer) that the PS3 is very unique and requires a huge learning curve to fully harness the power it hides correctly. This is why Devs who lead with the X360 SKU are shooting themselves in the head when trying to port back to the PS3. On one particular game that I will not mention, an entire team of programmers were tasked to port a fully running game on the 360 to the PS3 - it took them three months just to get it running for the first time (an additional 6 months to have it running just like the 360 now 9 months ago). Take that for what you will...

@leo-j: Well, tell that to all the reviewers I've seen claiming otherwise in a 2-minute google search.

d21lewis said:
Is my copy of MGS4 defective? I am repeatedly being told how awesome and amazing the graphics are in this game, but rarely I was in awe of its' beauty. The game has a lot going for it, but as far as graphics, it's only above average. And I am a HUGE Metal Gear Fan!!

I have Uncharted, too. It's a beautiful game. I feel that much of the beauty stems from the fact that it's a COLORFUL game. Ninja Gaiden II IS on par with Uncharted, and I'm not a NG II fan. I'll get my hands on Resistance II and Gears of War II soon enough, but as of right now, the PS3 and the 360 are still even.

Thank you, this thread needed someone with both consoles... Judging from screenshots only is not very good (although it does give you a pretty good idea).