By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Announces Video on Demand Service coming to a PS3 near you Summer 08!!

Nice, cant wait, wonder what the pricing will be?

Around the Network

yo thats freakin sweat

I think its an excellent idea to supplement the blue-ray capabilities of the console. Its just giving the user more options to play around with the system. I already am renting blue-rays from Netflix, but this gives me the choice of renting something on the fly one of those days when I am waiting for the netfllix movies. I already used the XBL video services before and hate the one day auto destruct thing, I am thinking its gonna be the same, but I still think its a good idea on the part of Sony.

PS: If they offer some monthly membership against unlimited rentals, as mentioned by west-phoenix-az, its going to be AWESOME!

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Awesome! I can't wait. 

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Profcrab said:
It's interesting to see. We'll have to see how much it costs. I'm not completely sold on the online movie rentals yet (from any company).

I give this thread a 9.7.

Just curious, why don't you like Netflix, or other online rentals for that matter?

Anyways, this is cool news for Sony fans who wanted it.

Around the Network

In this same article they also talk about the ps3 selling 12m since launch and the psp at 37. Does that mean ps3 numbers are slightly off along with psp(I posted this this morning and was told it was old news and got my thread locked)

ViOD of XBox is nothing compare to Apple's Itunes service, and Sony has alway

said that they are competing with Itunes, seeing that lot of Studios Sony owns ,we

can expect that aleast it will on par ,if not better with Itunes. it is just the beginning for Sony.

"Next Gen. doesn't start until Sony says so", and it starts with.....

Metal Gear "Solid" launch.

Quote :"Ironic isn't it? Sony charges nothing for it's service yet you don't have to deal with pop-adds. Yet xbox live charges and gives you ads that you can't close. Funny how different the west is from the east."