By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why should I buy a premium 360?

I'm looking to sell my premium and get an elite...and a friend of mine would rather buy a new Arcade than my Premium with 20 downloaded games and 2 controllers. (same price)

All he cares about is Rockaband, guitar hero and few Xbox live games so he thinks he doesn't need harddrive and olnie features...but once I tell him Rockband downloadable tracks will not be available to him, im sure he will change his mind.

Around the Network

^^^^^If your friend is interested in Rock Band then he should get a 360 with a HDD because he will want to download some more songs for it.

You're the guy that the 360 Arcade was designed for. I have a friend who has one. He doesn't know what he's missing, and he doesn't care. Buy the Arcade. If you want to power up your system later own, you have the option.

NJ5 said:
Barozi said:
Gnizmo said:
quarashi said:
Don't some games you need a HDD to play? Or what if some day you would want extra content and you wouldn't have any means save it on. I would look up some of the titles but I don't have the time.

I haven't heard of a single game that requires a HDD to play on the 360. At the least I know none of the games I want require it, and the ones coming out soon are extremely unlikely to.

Try to play GTA IV without a HDD. It's UNPLAYABLE. And I think there will come more and more games using the HDD for saving some data.

It's unplayable? Maybe on the PS3...

Proof or it didn't happen.

With unplayable I mean, that there are so many Pop-Ins, that the fun factor is close to zero.

I'm an active member of a Xbox360 forum, where several gamers had Pop-In issues in GTA IV. All of these persons had a 360 Arcade and after they've bought a HDD everything was fine.

Barozi said:

With unplayable I mean, that there are so many Pop-Ins, that the fun factor is close to zero.

I'm an active member of a Xbox360 forum, where several gamers had Pop-In issues in GTA IV. All of these persons had a 360 Arcade and after they've bought a HDD everything was fine.

I have a Premium 360 and I myself have seen a lot of pop-ins (which were mentioned by many reviewers)... Also, I've never seen anyone claiming that GTAIV uses a hard-drive (except on the PS3).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Barozi said:

I have a Premium 360 and I myself have seen a lot of pop-ins (which were mentioned by many reviewers)... Also, I've never seen anyone claiming that GTAIV uses a hard-drive (except on the PS3).

Where do the pop-in's occur?

I've only ever seen stuff far in the distance popping in when I'm in a helicopter.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

disolitude said:

I'm looking to sell my premium and get an elite...and a friend of mine would rather buy a new Arcade than my Premium with 20 downloaded games and 2 controllers. (same price)

All he cares about is Rockaband, guitar hero and few Xbox live games so he thinks he doesn't need harddrive and olnie features...but once I tell him Rockband downloadable tracks will not be available to him, im sure he will change his mind.

If you get the Elite you can transfer your profile/downloaded games over to the new HD by requesting the cable from MS. That's what I did when I bought the Elite to replace my old Core w/20gb hd.

To the OP: The arcade sounds like the perfect model for you. It comes w/the wireless controller and a memory card for game saves and even includes some free XBLA games. (The old Core 360 came with a wired controller, no memory card, and no XBLA games :( ) You should definitely pick it up and like others have said if you really want the HD later you can always pick up a used one off of Ebay or something. :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

starcraft said:
NJ5 said:
Barozi said:

Where do the pop-in's occur?

I've only ever seen stuff far in the distance popping in when I'm in a helicopter.

When I'm driving around, I see a lot of vegetation popping in. Buildings in the distance often pop-in too.

It's not really annoying, and not nearly as big a deal as PS3 fanboys were making it seem like when the reviews started appearing, but I see pop-ins almost every time I play the game.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'd get a premium. You get a HD, Headset, Backwards compatibility (which HD is for), Component HD cables. All for $70 dollars more which I think is a good deal.

Arcade might suit you better, but you will miss out on a better deal. If you have a HDTV, component cables will help. I'd say the main reason to get a xbox 360 is because of xbox live. If you plan nvr to go online, the online experience will be a big opportunity to miss out on. You can still get xbox live silver , which is free, and not play online games but still wait a week and download demos and videos from xbox live.

So it's your choice, I think the arcade isn't worth it and the premium is a better deal even though you don't need the features. But it could come ahndy one day if u decide to change your mind.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

smbu2000 said:
disolitude said:

If you get the Elite you can transfer your profile/downloaded games over to the new HD by requesting the cable from MS. That's what I did when I bought the Elite to replace my old Core w/20gb hd.

Thats what I'll do. I can also re-downlaod them on the elite and leave it for my freind as he can play them on a different profile on that machine.

Ill have to play them on the elite while I'm signed in only but oh well...