By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why should I buy a premium 360?

Stick with the arcade model that comes with games, the memory card, and the wireless controller. Do they still have that bundle in the U.S.?

My only question would be "patches". When a patch comes for a major game -- say GTAIV -- where does it go? Can they be put on memory cards? If they can't be stored without a hard drive, then that is a major issue.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Gnizmo said:
quarashi said:
Don't some games you need a HDD to play? Or what if some day you would want extra content and you wouldn't have any means save it on. I would look up some of the titles but I don't have the time.

I haven't heard of a single game that requires a HDD to play on the 360. At the least I know none of the games I want require it, and the ones coming out soon are extremely unlikely to.

Try to play GTA IV without a HDD. It's UNPLAYABLE. And I think there will come more and more games using the HDD for saving some data.

I wouldn't want to play GTAIV with or without a hard drive.

Thanks for the clarification everyone. It looks like I will be picking up the Arcade in about a week. A quick search on Ebay had the used HDD price at about $60-70 so if BC ever becomes an issue it won't actually cost me anymore than it would to get the Premium. Why must Soul Calibur and Street Fighter 4 be so far away?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

You are buying a console, which you will use for next 3-4 years. Thats`s 40-50 months.
You regret to spend 1-1,5$ per month, for having premium model? WTF???

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

because, you get a hard drive.

CrazzyMan said:
You are buying a console, which you will use for next 3-4 years. Thats`s 40-50 months.
You regret to spend 1-1,5$ per month, for having premium model? WTF???

Yup. If that money is spent on something useless for me, why spend it? I can get a game with the money I am saving and enjoy it rather than spend it on something I will (almost certainly) never use.

Around the Network

Why not wait till after E3? They may drop the price/make HDDs standard etc. Let them make their move first since value seems important to you.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Why not wait till after E3? They may drop the price/make HDDs standard etc. Let them make their move first since value seems important to you.

E3 is in mid July right? I might wait it out then. It would be annoying to buy it right before a price-drop, but I don't think that will happen. I am almost certain they will never make the hard drive standard though. Too many systems out there without them to risk it. Still, good point on the price drop.

you can play xbox originals on the primiumversion also you can enjoy the nice chrome trim and you can also enjoy the nice head set and the ethernet cable

Gnizmo said:
Squilliam said:

E3 is in mid July right? I might wait it out then. It would be annoying to buy it right before a price-drop, but I don't think that will happen. I am almost certain they will never make the hard drive standard though. Too many systems out there without them to risk it. Still, good point on the price drop.

They would add a HDD if it suited their objectives for Live/Online or if it was needed for the supposed Xmote peripheral.

E3 = July AFAIK.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Gnizmo said:
Squilliam said:

They would add a HDD if it suited their objectives for Live/Online or if it was needed for the supposed Xmote peripheral.

E3 = July AFAIK.

yup July 15-17 so it's not too long to wait

Proud Sony Rear Admiral