By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are the Top 10 shows on TV?

Alasted said:
DMeisterJ said:

Fry Hard 2:  The chicken

"Fry some more!"

That's amazing, Shepard!  If I had to choose an episode, my pick would be the first Fry Hard.  I've got a soft spot for those early episodes from seasons 1 and 2 (plus, I'm a sucker for fish and chips).

Honorable mentions go to A Bowl of Onion, Crust Never Sleeps, and Long Arm of the Slaw.

But yeah, that's a nice choice.  I did try the chicken recipe from that episode, and it came out quite well.  (Would have been perfect if I'd paid more attention to the heat, but we can't blame AB for that).

I've never tried any of his recipes, but I have used the technique of soaking my chicken in buttermilk overnight before cooking it, and I made it and my whole family was amazed at how well it tasted. 

AB is so full of win!!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
okr said:

Zen just reminded me of The Sopranos, the best series of the last decade.

The Sopranos are on place 3 1/2 now on my personal list.

What about Seinfeld?

Oh wait, Seinfeld wasn't very popular in Germany, now was it? You guys just don't get it...

LoL, to be fair, I'm a bit of a TV dork, and I've been working on my list for about 3 years now, lol, so I have put a good bit of time and effort into watching a ton of TV shows.

This isn't gonna be popular, but I'll give some of my most commonly over-rated and under-rated shows now:

Over-rated:

1. Scrubs

2. Dharma and Greg

3. Reality TV programs(American Idol)

4. Several older sitcoms, particularly I Love Lucy

5. Blossom

Under-rated:

1. Gunsmoke

2. The Fresh Prince

3. Star Trek: The Next Generation(as you can see it tops my, and most top critics lists)

4. The Cosby Show

5. Homicide: Life on the Streets

6. The Andy Griffith Show

A couple of words. No other show has affected our culture more than Star Trek: The Next Generation, spawning very successful movies years after its release, as well as introducing mainsteam cult characters from virtually every single one of its many cast members, including Captain Picard, Jordie, Wharf(I always spell this wrong), and Data. Soprano's, however, only loses top spot due to a lackluster final season and a half.

Blossom might seem out of place, but you would be surprised at the praise that show still gets.

Gunsmoke is actually the longest running television series of all time.

The Fresh Prince is a modern classic and changed our culture for the better.

NYPD Blue is without a doubt the best cop show that has ever been produced. It is a must see and you should watch it.

Dexter is a really well done new show, but I admit it is fanboyism that causes me to put an unproven show(only 2 seasons in) into my top 10.

ER would make my top 10 list if I could use time periods to describe shows. However, it is still playing and isn't nearly as good as it once was.

The Simpsons are, imo, still an excellent show, however they are just outside the range of my top 10, and just above the range of under-rated, but don't worry, I wouldn't forget about them. Same for King of the Hill, though it is far more under-rated than the Simpsons.

The Andy Griffith Show deserves a spot on the under-rated list, so I made it top 6, instead of 5.

The American and British versions of The Office and Whose Line is it Anyway, are all excellent shows, and I'll rank em for reference:

A. American Office

B. Whose Line is it Anyway, Britian

C. English Office

D. America Whose line is it anyway

Some shows I've never seen are:

CSI: Miama

Lost

Heroes

However, besides those shows, I'm almost entirely caught up on anything television related, lol, but in reality, nobody has a full exent of television knowledge, so it is very hard for someone who isn't a total social retard, like myself, to make a respectable top 10 list. It really does take a lot of time and dedication to rank those shows without leaving shows out you forgot, lol.

If you half-assedly throw a list up, that list will most likely be incomplete, lol.

I also never add anime shows to my list, with the exception of Dragonball Z, not beacuse it would clutter the list, but I add Dragonball Z because it has had a tremendous cultural impace on our country, and while not deserving of a spot because of sheer quality, fanboyism, and cultural influence go a long way on my list, so I give it some love, as it also helps to broaden the diversity of my list and bring it to the level of the common man.

My top 10 anime series list(completely seperate from top 10 anime movies list) is as follows:

1. FLCL

2. Evangellion

3. Elfen Lied

4. Death Note

5. Princess Tutu

6. Trigun

7. Cowboy Bebop

8. Dragonball Z

9. Hellsing

10. The Melancholy of Hurhai Suzimiya

Leaving off classics like The Fist of the North Star and Cyber City Oedo hurt as well.

Anime Movies:

1. Spirited Away

2. Ninja Scroll

3. Akira

4. Grave of Fireflies

5. Perfect Blue

6. Princess Mononoke

7. Samurai X: Trust and Betreyal the directors cut

8. Nausica and the Valley of the Wind

9. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

10. Neogenesis Evangellion: The End

lol, I could just go on and on and on. I almost just listed my top 50 films.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Damn Zen, you went all out. I would say don't watch CSI: Miami. David Caruso is horrible. I like you putting good ol' Mayberry on your underrated list. I give you a big thumbs up sir.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Current:
1. Supernatural
2. Dr Who
3. F1
And thats all I watch at the mo.

All time(not in order)
1. The A Team
2. Airwolf
3. Knight Rider
4. Fraggles
5. Muppets
6. Twin Peaks
7. Ren & Stimpy
8. TNG
9. Deep Space Nine
10. Family Guy

ZenfoldorVGI said:
MontanaHatchet said:
okr said:

Zen just reminded me of The Sopranos, the best series of the last decade.

The Sopranos are on place 3 1/2 now on my personal list.

What about Seinfeld?

Oh wait, Seinfeld wasn't very popular in Germany, now was it? You guys just don't get it...

LoL, to be fair, I'm a bit of a TV dork, and I've been working on my list for about 3 years now, lol, so I have put a good bit of time and effort into watching a ton of TV shows.

This isn't gonna be popular, but I'll give some of my most commonly over-rated and under-rated shows now:

Over-rated:

1. Scrubs

2. Dharma and Greg

3. Reality TV programs(American Idol)

4. Several older sitcoms, particularly I Love Lucy

5. Blossom

Under-rated:

1. Gunsmoke

2. The Fresh Prince

3. Star Trek: The Next Generation(as you can see it tops my, and most top critics lists)

4. The Cosby Show

5. Homicide: Life on the Streets

6. The Andy Griffith Show

A couple of words. No other show has affected our culture more than Star Trek: The Next Generation, spawning very successful movies years after its release, as well as introducing mainsteam cult characters from virtually every single one of its many cast members, including Captain Picard, Jordie, Wharf(I always spell this wrong), and Data. Soprano's, however, only loses top spot due to a lackluster final season and a half.

Blossom might seem out of place, but you would be surprised at the praise that show still gets.

Gunsmoke is actually the longest running television series of all time.

The Fresh Prince is a modern classic and changed our culture for the better.

NYPD Blue is without a doubt the best cop show that has ever been produced. It is a must see and you should watch it.

Dexter is a really well done new show, but I admit it is fanboyism that causes me to put an unproven show(only 2 seasons in) into my top 10.

ER would make my top 10 list if I could use time periods to describe shows. However, it is still playing and isn't nearly as good as it once was.

The Simpsons are, imo, still an excellent show, however they are just outside the range of my top 10, and just above the range of under-rated, but don't worry, I wouldn't forget about them. Same for King of the Hill, though it is far more under-rated than the Simpsons.

The Andy Griffith Show deserves a spot on the under-rated list, so I made it top 6, instead of 5.

The American and British versions of The Office and Whose Line is it Anyway, are all excellent shows, and I'll rank em for reference:

A. American Office

B. Whose Line is it Anyway, Britian

C. English Office

D. America Whose line is it anyway

Some shows I've never seen are:

CSI: Miama

Lost

Heroes

However, besides those shows, I'm almost entirely caught up on anything television related, lol, but in reality, nobody has a full exent of television knowledge, so it is very hard for someone who isn't a total social retard, like myself, to make a respectable top 10 list. It really does take a lot of time and dedication to rank those shows without leaving shows out you forgot, lol.

If you half-assedly throw a list up, that list will most likely be incomplete, lol.

I also never add anime shows to my list, with the exception of Dragonball Z, not beacuse it would clutter the list, but I add Dragonball Z because it has had a tremendous cultural impace on our country, and while not deserving of a spot because of sheer quality, fanboyism, and cultural influence go a long way on my list, so I give it some love, as it also helps to broaden the diversity of my list and bring it to the level of the common man.

My top 10 anime series list(completely seperate from top 10 anime movies list) is as follows:

1. FLCL

2. Evangellion

3. Elfen Lied

4. Death Note

5. Princess Tutu

6. Trigun

7. Cowboy Bebop

8. Dragonball Z

9. Hellsing

10. The Melancholy of Hurhai Suzimiya

Leaving off classics like The Fist of the North Star and Cyber City Oedo hurt as well.

Anime Movies:

1. Spirited Away

2. Ninja Scroll

3. Akira

4. Grave of Fireflies

5. Perfect Blue

6. Princess Mononoke

7. Samurai X: Trust and Betreyal the directors cut

8. Nausica and the Valley of the Wind

9. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

10. Neogenesis Evangellion: The End

lol, I could just go on and on and on. I almost just listed my top 50 films.

OMG, you call Scrubs overrated and watch loads of anime, i must say. Epic fail right there.

Around the Network

hollyoaks rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Phasma said:

OMG, you call Scrubs overrated and watch loads of anime, i must say. Epic fail right there.

Yeah, I know Scrubs is a popular show, but I just can't stand the humor. Maybe it's just me though, but it's a character driven sitcom, and those haven't worked for me since Mayberry.

I totally accept that Scrubs has millions of fans and that I just might "not get it."

That said, anime is awesome. You don't know what you're missing.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I saw FLCL and that show was sexy but confusing. Generally, I don't like the majority of anime that's not incredibly mainstream (loved Yu Yu Hakusho, and Naruto to a much lesser extent).

My god....i forgot the animated pokemon series! Classic!

I never quite understood how Brock managed to see when his eyes were...permanantly closed....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
My god....i forgot the animated pokemon series! Classic!

I never quite understood how Brock managed to see when his eyes were...permanantly closed....

I always assumed he could smell how attractive a woman is. Probably why he never went after Ash's mom >_>