By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions - (When) Will the Wii Overtake the 360 & PS3 WW?

Tomorrow

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

yeh i agree, if a ps3 slim comes out on sale for around 200 to 300, and a lot of ps3's fall-winter exlusives will have come out, i see the ps3 start outselling the wii relentlessly starting february 09. but the wii at some point will have sold more than 360 and ps3 combined, but very likely.. only for a short period of time as sony, slowly but surely, climbs to number 1 spot yet again. that is only if a 250 dollar ps3 slim comes out. so lets see.

I don't want to share my cookie with shams and steven787, so I'll predict December 2008. Christmas is gonna be nuts.

i say december 2008,just so rubang can share his cookie :D

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

It's tough to say. The 360 won't sell as well this holiday as the 07 holiday season, but the PS3 will most likely sell better. I think the Wii will have ample supply and start cleaning up during the slow period at the beginning of 2009, so I'd go with late February to early March.

Around the Network

jan '09

I'm an odd fish in the water. Mark me down on the date FF XIII comes out. :D

haha, wow, this topic has to be the most brought up topic ever.

Again, By end of the year. So, December 2008.

sc94597 said:
swyggi said:
I don't think the Wii will do it honestly. Supply issues wouldn't have been as bad if Nintendo didn't release all of their best games in a short time frame which was one of the main causes for Wii's to fly off shelves at an enormous rate. But now since all of their biggest and highest selling games have come to pass along with the obvious 360 and PS3 holiday line-up, I don't see it happening.

When did they release ALL of their biggest games? They still have many big games left. ALso nintendo never announced their holiday line up yet so you don't know what they have in store.

In terms of sales exactly what games that would come out for the Wii could possibly stand up to SMG, Brawl, MK and Wiifit?  

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

I'm going to make the bold prediction and go with October 08.

@swyggi, Animal Crossing, Starfox, Pikmin, a real Zelda Wii game and I'm sure if they want to resurrect one of their old IPs (Kid Icarus) they could. Obviously the only one that could be equal to SMG, SMBB or MK would be Animal Crossing. I'm sure someone else will list some more.