By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It begins the creator of GEARS OF WAR calls MGS4 " passive entertainment"

Pretty stupid comments. While I liked GoW, it's got nothing on MGS4. Kojima is a renowned game developer known and respected by everyone in the gaming community. If he got to that status by making "passive" games, then maybe this douche should start making passive games too. Who the hell even knows who Cliff Bleszinski is?? One thing I do agree with CliffB though is that MGS4 wouldn't be a game that EPIC would make. Why? Because I don't think they have the skills to make a game like MGS4.

Around the Network

This has been taken out of context i believe.

PS3 fans calm down, i'm sure that if you have a chat with Clifford B then he would most certainly say that Kojima is one of the greatest game makers.

Chill out.

jacks81x said:
Pretty stupid comments. While I liked GoW, it's got nothing on MGS4. Kojima is a renowned game developer known and respected by everyone in the gaming community. If he got to that status by making "passive" games, then maybe this douche should start making passive games too. Who the hell even knows who Cliff Bleszinski is?? One thing I do agree with CliffB though is that MGS4 wouldn't be a game that EPIC would make. Why? Because I don't think they have the skills to make a game like MGS4.

so your pissed b.c you take it as a glib to your game, why?

the only way it could be a glib is if cliffy could do teh game better

look at it this way a guy know for making fast paced action filled games dosnt want to make a slower more thought provoking game...why is that bad?

Squilliam said:

Gears doesn't have cutscenes AFAIK. I never played the game.

Yeah it does have cutscenes, quite a lot in fact.

Nah, it was probably just a matter of one developer trashing another's work.

That said, it was a stupid comment as I think that a stealth game like MGS4 especially MGS4 i mean come on....easily trumps cliffyB's games.

Around the Network

^that is not the poit, the point is if its a slower paced game then say Gears....that is the point

so please take you hurt pride(which is silly) and admit ...MGS4 is a slower paced more involved game its not hard and you will look less silly to those that an see the big picture

Whether mgs4 is active or passive entertainment is not the issue. The issue is : were those who purchased the game entertained? If the answer to that is yes the Kojima wins and all other arguement is for nothing.

On the issue of cutscenes though, for all the previous mgs games, I only watched the cutscenes to follow the story while my cousins played because I suck at sneaking. Mgs4 is a revolution for me because I beat the game with my run and gun style and still got to enjoy my story and cutscenes! win-win all the way!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

i think hes just pissed because UT3 sales sucked....

I just thought that this comment was kinda dumb....I mean anybody can buy a first person shooter.....but when was the last time that you could get one that incorporated some of the best stealth elements ever done? So, his comments are actually quite the opposite of what he said.

Anyway.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Epic always speaks incendiary shit when they have a game coming.

When Gears was coming: "Sony says the next gen doesn't start until they say so. I say that's bullshit."

When UTIII PS3 was coming: "UTIII looks and runs better than Gears of War did."

Now: "I'm jealous and scared that we can't top MGS4."

See?

I don't see how that was talking shit. Especially for the latter comment when they were comparing two of their own games to each other. Did you forget to put how Gears 2 will be way better than Gears 1? I mean the nerve of them to diss their own game like that. /sarcasm

You people need to calm down and stop trying to interpret his statement in the worse possible way. Also remember MGS4 didn't sell out everywhere because not everyone likes that type of game. There are even people that brought it that are *gasp* dissappointed in it.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo