By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTAIV and MGS4 come and go...

kowenicki said:

at launch 360 had a lead of 5.3m over Ps3

a year ago 360 had a lead of 6.6m

by end of this week 360 has a lead of 5.7m

It isnt really changing is it.

On top of this I think the 360 has a stronger line up now for the rest of the year, particularly for the american market.

Meanwhile Wii slaughters all.

For a time after PS3 launch, it was supply-constrained while 360 wasn't.

PS3 is cheaper now than then.

Think what you want about the game lineups: PS3's heavies are just starting to hit.  PS3 is consistently ahead in sales, more or less.

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
BengaBenga said:
I think it's fair to say that 360 is doing very well against a console with a more establish brand name, GTA that was supposed to be a PlayStation series and MGS4.

Yep. The 360 is basically stealing the exclusivity of any title without "final," "fantasy," "metal," or "gear" in the name away from Sony. MS has a lower price point, so each PS360 multiplatform release hurts Sony and helps MS.

Gears of war!!!

Metal Slug...exclusively on XBLA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hey Benga, between the PS3 and 360, which system do you think will really end up "winning"?....worldwide, I mean.

Do you think in the medium and long terms, PS3´s Japanese and European advantages will manage to offset the 360´s NA advantage?

360s best year was 7.5 million.

and now it's around 5.8 million.

Hey, please don't take my above post as knocking ya, far from it. I think the PS3 has done great and is continuing to do so. You lend excellent posts and threads to this site, so when I read your prediction/retaliation (you seem distraught), I just wanted clarification that your number seemed a bit high, and perhaps a bit unrealistic, but hey, anything is possible.  All the consoles have great upcoming line-ups.  So (We), as the gamers, WIN my brother!  I think they all will sell well throughout the rest of the year, the MSG4 and GTA4 numbers will be up high again during the holiday season.

Around the Network

^^ Regarding my comments to Darth lol.

kowenicki said:

at launch 360 had a lead of 5.3m over Ps3

a year ago 360 had a lead of 6.6m

by end of this week 360 has a lead of 5.7m

It isnt really changing is it. 

On top of this I think the 360 has a stronger line up now for the rest of the year, particularly for the american market.

Meanwhile Wii slaughters all.

So say the 360 launched the same time as the PS3, that would make the lead only 400K assuming the PS3 didnt totally smash the 360.

I don't see what you're trying to point out... Was MS smart by launching a year early? Hell yeah otherwise the 360 would have just been another complete and utter failure.

Oh look its kowenicki and another anti ps3 rant!

Look grandpa, if you dont like the console, thats fair enough, but stop spouting your anti-ps3 propaganda all the fucking time and just get over it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

TheTruthHurts! said:

Hey, please don't take my above post as knocking ya, far from it. I think the PS3 has done great and is continuing to do so. You lend excellent posts and threads to this site, so when I read your prediction/retaliation (you seem distraught), I just wanted clarification that your number seemed a bit high, and perhaps a bit unrealistic, but hey, anything is possible.  All the consoles have great upcoming line-ups.  So (We), as the gamers, WIN my brother!  I think they all will sell well throughout the rest of the year, the MSG4 and GTA4 numbers will be up high again during the holiday season.

lol thanks....as gamers we most definetely win this gen. It will be known as the golden generation.

so many great games from handhelds to every console.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I dont want to discredit vgcharts' numbers, but before any of you say anything wait for E3.

Thats all I have to say.

mM