By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU sales UP!!PS3 OUCH!

mrstickball said:
NJ5 said:
PS3 dominating 360 by 20k consoles a week after one of its biggest exclusives...

@Munkeh111: Actually I always heard MGS was pretty big in Europe, or am I mistaken?

Acccording to VGC, MGS is as popular in the 'States as it is in the EU.

300% increase in NA YOY, 200% increase in EU YOY

PS3 is the only console in history to have such increased sales even months after a price cut.

Darth - your statement about "the PS3 is the only console to have such increased sales after a price cut" is a rather wrong statement. The 360 has seen a 117% YOY increase due to a similar price drop. And what figures are you using to compare "YOY" for the PS3 in Europe? The PS3 was released well into 2008, and it seems like your basing this "200% YOY" off of this fact. Care to explain?

I still don't get that part... The PS3 was released in 2007 not 2008. So he's using June 2007 vs June 2008 numbers.

Around the Network

I can live with the Wii selling more that the PS3.No problem.Different markets really,although some demographics are shared between them.

But its not being an ass saying that the frontpage numbers arent gospel.The site itself says that these are estimations.

And seeing some differences as the Wii shipped figures provided by Nintendo yesterday or the PS3-360 difference recognized by MS in some 5 million more than one month ago just add to the debate.Or the fact that the America numbers for both 360 and Wii are way ahead the NPD ones (a million or more even taking in count Canada)...while the PS3 numbers is behind NPD data.

I dont think theres any rule in the site that states clearly that "You must take our numbers as primary source over NPD or GFK,when shipped data from the manufacturers is behind the sold number in the frontpage it must be because some logical reason and you wont ever imply it can be a overtracking issue".This isnt a sect guys,although Neos and other posters like to act as if it were one.

darthdevidem01 said:
Neos said:
Diomedes1976 said:
I wouldnt take this numbers too seriously.

Its only estimations.

Microsoft themselves only claimed some 5 million lead a month ago and since then they are beaten in every market every week.

And Nintendo themselves just claimed 26 million SHIPPED and here we have them at nearly 28 SOLD.

Resuming.Frontpage numbers=Educated(being generous) guesses and nothing more.

get the F out of this site diomedes, seriously. just get lost.. you are of no use and you NEVER EVER were. for one goddamn year the only thing you do is complain about this site's numbers. Get a life loser..

Use the report button or just say "a source is claiming PS3 is being undertracked....go investigate!"

but you don't have the right to tell anyone to leave the site. especially not a member with so many posts (almost 2000)

That is one of the dumbest things I've heard.  Just because someone posts a lot doesn't mean they're worthy of being read by other people.  Just look at leo-j, 10k+ posts!

Diomedes1976 said:
I can live with the Wii selling more that the PS3.No problem.Different markets really,although some demographics are shared between them.

But its not being an ass saying that the frontpage numbers arent gospel.The site itself says that these are estimations.

And seeing some differences as the Wii shipped figures provided by Nintendo yesterday or the PS3-360 difference recognized by MS in some 5 million more than one month ago just add to the debate.Or the fact that the America numbers for both 360 and Wii are way ahead the NPD ones (a million or more even taking in count Canada)...while the PS3 numbers is behind NPD data.

I dont think theres any rule in the site that states clearly that "You must take our numbers as primary source over NPD or GFK,when shipped data from the manufacturers is behind the sold number in the frontpage it must be because some logical reason and you wont ever imply it can be a overtracking issue".This isnt a sect guys,although Neos and other posters like to act as if it were one.

Please show me this proof that the numbers are a million above NPDs. Please. Also the rules say that there is a right to be skeptical, but after being told many times on how they are going to deal with the situtation you don't keep ranting, or if you don't have any evidence to backup your claim you don't start the debate in the first place.

Diomedes1976 said:

When PS3 does great, you do not question it. You go along.

When it does worse than expectations, it is false.

One of my quotes on fanboys: "Something isn't true when it challenges [fanboy] beliefs."

This Europe Diomedes, not America. They have no coorelation sales-wise. VGChartz numbers are generally 5-10% within accuracy. If we say PS3 is 10% undertracked and Wii is 10% overtracked, that means the PS3 should be 28K and Wii would be 40K. Your theory still has holes if we use your ideas. For the Wii to have been outsold by PS3, ioi would have had to been off by 80%, and ioi's numbers are not that inaccurate.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

My response to this thread: and look how far we've come in just a year when suddenly selling 85k for the PS3 in a single territory is a precipitous drop.

Last year, the total number of PS3's sold on June 15, 2007: ~59k This year, the PS3 beat that amount by ~25k just in one territory.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Its downhill for sony from here on out. As for price cuts, I doubt it. Sony is already losing money from the previous price cuts, they won't do it again. What Sony needs is good games and I just don't see that from the upcoming list.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Preciptious?

Don't use brobdingnagian words on me!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

.....360 sales are bloody terrible at the moment. the only place where the price drop worked was the uk. i can't believe that this isn't the main talking point of the thread!

Diomedes1976 said:

Damage control. It's people like you that really make me look forward to the numbers each week. When something doesn't go your way you don't know what to do, except spin it.

So, despite your enjoyment of posting here, you will literally tear the site down if the numbers don't agree with what you hoped they would be.

I'm sure you disagreed with NPD the month GTAIV was released. You're just that type of poster. I really don't have a big problem with it. Everyone sees you for what you really are, and that is certainly not a fair and balanced poster who can back up his assertions with evidence.

Nice attempt to derail, though. Not gonna happen. You guys still have NA numbers coming up. I'm glad I'm not a Sony fanboy this week, lol, last week wasn't worth it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.