By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - REVISED: Sonic the Hedgehog Video Game Review PART 1!! Done by me!

Its much better. You should build up, sounds annoyed about something then mad, not mad than still mad... adds effect. Nice effects w/ the sonic level and the loading screens.

Around the Network

Read your Mario Kart review. I agree that DS and GBA and DD seem different, but I think they are more restrined and still retain enough mario kart flavor that with their additional polish they are just as good as the first 2 (except mario kart super circuit, that game sucks)

Great job.. you are improving quite a bit in your reviews.. your editing is especially better. It still sounds like you're reading a script in some places and sometimes you talk too fast and its difficult to understand but other than that, this review was great.

Not bad. I like at the end when you said bull poo-poo, I beat you wanted to say bull shit so badly. You really are improving though.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Hawkeye said:

Read your Mario Kart review. I agree that DS and GBA and DD seem different, but I think they are more restrined and still retain enough mario kart flavor that with their additional polish they are just as good as the first 2 (except mario kart super circuit, that game sucks)

What? I love all Mario Kart games. Including Super Circuit. Why don't you like it? But yeah, they are more fine tuned and such, but just don't feel the same.

Around the Network

By the way. Thanks for all the complements.

damkira said:

Great job.. you are improving quite a bit in your reviews.. your editing is especially better. It still sounds like you're reading a script in some places and sometimes you talk too fast and its difficult to understand but other than that, this review was great.

Actually, I read a script throughout the entire thing. Bad idea?

I wrote down some notes while I watched your video. I'll give a overall estimate once I've seen the second part.

The notes:

- Sonic is what of the universe?

- Okay, 15 seconds in and you're already sounding like the AVGN.

- Okay, you don't like the characters. That much is clear.

- Funny that you praise Sonic and Tails and show one of the slowest
sequences of Sonic 2 (i guess?) at the same time.

- Damn, the voice acting is horrible.

- Oh great, Shadow suffers from the Jack Bauer syndrome.

- At least you back up most of your gameplay complaints with actual footage.

- Oh good lord, the VA blows.

- The Silver & Shadow clips were overall pretty good.

- Slow your speech down. Jokes don't work if the audience doesn't get a
moment to laugh.

- AARGH VOICE ACTING MAKE IT STOP

- The game can only have a single "worst part". You've had roughly five of those
so far. Hyperbole is a part of any rant, but cut it down a bit.

- The Accordion player owns everything.

- Oh great, bestiality in a Sonic game.

- SONIC STOP RAPING MY EARS

- The loading sequence thing worked slightly better on this one.

- Estimated Shit count of the review so far: 15. Cut down on the cussing, please.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

You sound like a preppy girl talking to her friends and bitching about some other person, and I mean that in the worst way. Do you normally talk like that?

Anyways while I don't mind cuss words, and say them myself, the way you said them sounded so forced, and sounded like you put them there just to make yourself sound cooler. Don't do that. Your review will hold more credit and be accepted better if you don't spend your time cursing every chance you get.

On another note, it didn't really seem like your review was meant to actually be an informative review about the game. It seemed like you were just a fanboy who was ranting. I don't know what kind of reviews you're going for, so if you're going for the fanboy review that everyone "lol's" about but should never be taken seriously, then that's fine.

You did have some funny lines in that video, but right when I started to laugh you said something really stupid.

Anyways good luck on your future reviews, and I agree with you about that game, it's absolutely horrible. =P I really hated how in the level's (especially with Sonic) there would be things like walls that pop up right in front of you and you'd run into them and die. Worst level programming EVER.

a.l.e.x00,

lol, are you on speed?

I don't understand what is the point of copying (the angry video game nerd).

Also, while I understand it makes a good, angry show, it's kinda cheap to review games like Sonic. It's like beating a dead horse.