By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
llewdebkram said:
Cheebee said:

While I was in a large electronics store today in the city where I live, I noticed to my surprise a stack of 5 Wiis available.

Surely this must mean supply has finally met demand and it's all downhill from here on out for Nintendo. Wii is doomed.

Liar, they were PS3s painted white with 'Wii' written on them in biro in an attempt to shift them quicker!

Its funny, I opened this topic with the realization that somehow, the topic would be spinned by someone to mean that the ps3 sucks and I didn't have to read too far...just the second post lol!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

LoL, in all seriousness, I think the Source said something a while back about a big Wii shipment, maybe it has come in!

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Pristine20 said:
llewdebkram said:
Cheebee said:

While I was in a large electronics store today in the city where I live, I noticed to my surprise a stack of 5 Wiis available.

Surely this must mean supply has finally met demand and it's all downhill from here on out for Nintendo. Wii is doomed.

Liar, they were PS3s painted white with 'Wii' written on them in biro in an attempt to shift them quicker!

Its funny, I opened this topic with the realization that somehow, the topic would be spinned by someone to mean that the ps3 sucks and I didn't have to read too far...just the second post lol!

What kind of inferiority complex is that? No one said the PS3 sucks.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Cheebee said:
Obviously I was being sarcastic, to some people who didn't seem to get it. :p
I did see those Wiis, but 3 of them were already gone by the time I was leaving. Still, it was the first time in over a year I saw Wiis in stock, however briefly. :p

I had no idea it was so hard to find them in the Netherlands. Here in Sweden they're almost always in stock. In Portugal the same, except after Christmas when they seemed to run out at many stores and didn't get a shipment for a long time. But the Portuguese Nintendo distributor sucks so it doesn't really surprise me.

Wiis were sold out in the Netherlands for the first half of 2007, then they became available until the end of November / beginning of December (probably because of Sinterklaas, a holiday mostly for kids where they get presents). Since then I haven't seen them in stock until last month (saw a few bundled with one or two games/peripherals). Last week all of a sudden I saw a whole bunch of them in stock at a local Media Markt. Maybe Nintendo of Europe finally starts to give the Netherlands a bigger part of its Wii allocation.

Just some proof that the Wii's are in stock over here =p.

Around the Network

The Wii has been undershipped since the NA release of Wii Fit from 507k to 363k, 329k and recently 297k. Those last few weeks have been well under the current (still pre 2.4m/month) production rate of 415k/week.

Since the current weekly average for 2008 is still well below the current production rate, that unshipped/unsold inventory must be sitting somewhere or in transit. I wouldn't be surprised to see more on the shelves of NA in the coming week or so.

It typically means a big shipment went out if I see them on shelves randomly since I don't chase down Wii inventory as it's being delivered.

In Bergen (second largest city of Norway) there are always a lot of wii and 360 consoles on display.

I don't there's been a wii shortage except for the first couple of weeks after the launch of the Wii.

Often I see 1/2 - 1 pallet of Wiis.

They also don't seem to get rid of the 360 halo bundles..

Whoa, just got back home and I've seen Wiis in stock EVERYWHERE I go.. :s Seriously, every single electronics/toy store I passed by had signs or posters saying they had Wiis in stock. So many Wiis. It scared me. I felt their presence lurking. Must be because of Brawl that Nintendo decided to ship tons more all of a sudden, never seen anything like it. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Is that all?

I went to the tip today and saw people dumping their Wiis, apparently the fad has passed and they are no longer entertaining or of any value. Its kind of sad, but we all knew it was going to happen.

Cheebee said:
Whoa, just got back home and I've seen Wiis in stock EVERYWHERE I go.. :s Seriously, every single electronics/toy store I passed by had signs or posters saying they had Wiis in stock. So many Wiis. It scared me. I felt their presence lurking. Must be because of Brawl that Nintendo decided to ship tons more all of a sudden, never seen anything like it. :p

Then all the american Wii go to Europe.