By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu hardware results in, PS3 big drop

it's coming down from the top. again, one game cannot make the difference forever right?

Around the Network

Wow, looking at my original post I was pretty close to SW as well! (SW reported at 67K by y-koron)

MGS4, Estimating Week 2 Sales in Japan
http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=875950

smbu2000 said:
I will be a pessimist and say 70-80K software, 18-25K hardware

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Hopefully in two weeks time Japan PS3 hardware numbers will be over 15k. 15k per week average is better than 10k per week average.

I predicted this too.

Next week will see 15-17K, and then the PS3 will go back to the normal 10-12K per week.

Good things do not last for long. A huge spike in PS3 HW sales with MGS 4 launch week and then after a few weeks return back to average HW sales.

Around the Network

Why is Final Fantasy XIII the "last hope"? I'm pretty sure any game released on the system that has any sort of following in Japan increases it's overall chance of being purchased no >_>? Anyways, I'm sure everyone knew this was going to happen :P No console sells the same rate after a huge title drops. You'll always get a huge sales surge followed by a drop-off.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Why is Final Fantasy XIII the "last hope"? I'm pretty sure any game released on the system that has any sort of following in Japan increases it's overall chance of being purchased no >_>? Anyways, I'm sure everyone knew this was going to happen :P No console sells the same rate after a huge title drops. You'll always get a huge sales surge followed by a drop-off.

Not really true for certain Wii titles.

ChronotriggerJM said:

Because (at least as far as I'm concerned) it's pretty much proven that only a game of that caliber could be a real game changer. Japanese customers have chosen the Wii, and Japanese developers are flocking to the Wii too. If the PS3 is to sell decently in Japan, only FFXIII can cause that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

he i was thinking like 40 max the first week, so 25 is still good.

Not happy at the huge hardware drop off! Damn it!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot