By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ESPN Halo 3 MLG Highlights

JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:
JaggedSac said:

I don't know what it is, but I have been getting destroyed constantly since they changed the ranking system.

Yeah, something is off lately... Also, it pisses me off that they changed social slayer to 5 players. I usually play with a buddy or 2 buddies...and social slayer is where we go to blow off some steam when where getting rocked in team slayer or team doubles. However, with 5 players now, they always seem to pair us with 1, 2 or even 3 really shitty players and we have to try hard to win as the rest of the team is -10 each.

Dude, I know how you feel.  The last 5 or so big team battle matches I have played, there has been at least one person to drop from my team, and at least 1 person away from the controller.  I just don't understand why someone would have the game running but not play, and also start a match and then quit.  And the damdest thing is that they are always on MY team.

I HATE QUITERS and guys who dont play

Around the Network

Is this actually ESPN and MLG? I ask, because after the KZ2 Superbowl ad fiasco, I just want to make sure.

Lone wolves has been a bitch to get used to since they bumped it up to 8 players. 8 fucking players on a map like Guardian is a mess, always someone spawning up your ass. All I wanted was to reach Brigadier.

@richard, I'm pretty sure ESPN and MLG have some sort of agreement.

Jagg-off said:
Lone wolves has been a bitch to get used to since they bumped it up to 8 players. 8 fucking players on a map like Guardian is a mess, always someone spawning up your ass. All I wanted was to reach Brigadier.

Yeah...I was cruising in lone wolves and I hit 30 without much effort. Then the update happened with 8 players. In the last few weeks i managed to hit 32 in like 30 games played...35 so far now.

I think they're way too much excited for 'no scopes'. Sure, they're not zooming in when they're making kills, but the sniper rifle does have a cross hair on the screen.

No scope the real way, like in games such as Counter-Strike or TF2 where there is no crosshair on the sniper rifles. No scope like a man!

Around the Network
Jagg-off said:

I wanted to confirm also that it was MLG also, and not some fanboys doing something.  If it is MLG, then I can imagine there was an agreement.  I need to get in touch with the MLG folks.  I am curious how they got where they are.  I am working on promoting games like Chess, checkers and Go at this point, and would like to go where MLG went:

Coming soon to a convention near you... The Connect Four World Championship!

LOL, I smoke my 6 and 7 years olds at Connect Four but my youngest will be beating my ass at Halo in a year or two.

Jagg-off said:
LOL, I smoke my 6 and 7 years olds at Connect Four but my youngest will be beating my ass at Halo in a year or two.

I actually ran a Connect 4 tournament at a local game convention, because a friend I know is good at it.  The game had a surprising effect of people walking by throwing their hat into the ring to want to play.  If a game does that, then you look to see who else would want to play and look to get a World Championship set up down the road, once you can pull in sponsors.  The basic idea here is to get a bunch of abstract strategy games, and have it work the way the World Poker Tour works, but one event may be Connect 4, another chess, another checkers, and another Go.  How this will develop will see where it goes.  I hopefully will see Hasbro's PR firm get interest in working with this.

And I know it seems utterly silly to have a world championship at Connect 4.  However, when you see the likes of Kanye West and Beyonce playing the game, then that is a sign there is something here.  So, anyone interested in seeing Kanye West battle Beyonce at the World Championship of Connect 4 on TV?

Of course, there may be a few tournament tweaks at the game.  The game now, THEORETICALLY has it so the first player should always win.  Of course, mistakes do happen.

Jagg-off said:

Yeah dude!! all i want to reach is colonel, but the game won't let me rank up really anymore.  I played 12 games of team swat when i was at a 30 and won every single one, yet i didn't even go up one level!!   wtf is that shit!!!

awesome videos.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1