By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN reviews alone in the dark: 3.5/10

I just have a question:why weren't all of the versions delayed instead of just the PS3 , if all of them have bugs in the gameplay department as mentioned by all of the reviewrs?

here is the review:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/883/883633p1.html

can some one embed the video review?

out of 10
4.5 Presentation
The story and dialogue are goofy, and both are delivered awkwardly. A DVD-esque menu system is good for skipping around, but otherwise it’s pretty useless when there’s little worth watching.
6.0 Graphics
Central Park looks adequately spooky at times, and the game runs smoothly. But most character models, enemies and environments lack personality.
6.5 Sound
The soundtrack is catchy, creepy and atmospheric. But the voice acting is cringe-worthy.
3.0 Gameplay
Glitchy, buggy, frustrating, boring and repetitive. The few truly interesting puzzles don’t balance out the annoying inventory system, controls and combat.
3.0 Lasting Appeal
You probably won't want to finish this game, let alone play it more than once. Since everything is open from the very beginning, there's nothing to go back and unlock.
Bad
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Around the Network

Dude its better than MGS4(disolitude)

In any case, its his opinion.

mM
leo-j said:
Dude its better than MGS4(disolitude)

In any case, its his opinion.

every one is entitled to their opinion,,,even if it's that horrible

Alone in the Dark? More like Alone in the SUCK, am I right guys?

(Just kidding. I'll probably still buy it anyway. :( )

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I never played the game yet but I watched the videos and I was expecting it to be GotY material. Seriously Atari now officially sucks. They havent made anything good for what 15 years? Maybe more.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

damn :/

I really wished more people will review the wii version. I heard there are far less bugs, and that the controls are highly suited for the game.

Another hyped, classic franchise goes down in flames. I had high hopes for this one. Oh well.........

roadkillers said:
I never played the game yet but I watched the videos and I was expecting it to be GotY material. Seriously Atari now officially sucks. They havent made anything good for what 15 years? Maybe more.

DBZ says hi

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I suggest you people rent the game...you may like it. If you like Resident evil 1, 2 and 3 on ps1 with a touch of GTA this game is great.