By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 framerate ~27 FPS average.

Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
mjhill said:
The overall point is that even though the game is amazing, sony sold us on hype. The 1080p at 60 FPS was a claim that no dev has yet to achieve. And is MGS4 can't do it, they I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I love MGS4 but to say it is without flaw is just foolish.

There are several PS3 exclusives that run at native 1080p and are consistint at 60fps

NBA 08

MLB 08 THE SHOW

GRAN TURISMO 5: PROLoGuE

As for the MGS4 argument, its completely stupid anyone would believe this. GTA 4 runs like a pile of snails compared to MGS4.

Runs at 1280/1080p.

"Feel" vs actual are different beasts. Crysis is acceptable to me at 30FPS but I wouldn't want to play Counter strike source at less than 70.

What's up with that? The Source engine is fine, but the old half-life based games feel like I'm playing in slow motion if the frame rate isn't 99.

I changed my drivers one time and forgot to turn off V-sync and I freaked out while playing Counter-Strike because 60fps felt terrible.

Around the Network

Forgetting all the other mumbo jumbo - based on just how it feels >.>

I'd have to rate it on MGO...

I believe it's around 30 mainly because at some points, I get a nice boost in frame rate, but it doesn't last long at all.. maybe 2 seconds or so.

I don't think I've played a 3d game that runs at a steady 60fps, at least not one that looked like a high end GC/PS2 game that ran at that rate.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

the frame rate doesn't stay at 30 fps? my god, how is this game even allowed 10's? that's how you know this game got rated out of hype. i don't mind the story being crap, but when the frame rate goes under 30fps, it's game over for me.

If this is true then this is truly a disgrace all copies of MGS4 should be withdrawn and burnt to a crisp , what kinda sick perverted piece of shit would alow this I don't care if 99.9% of peopel won't notice this it's an outrage.

I want Kojimas head !!!!.

DOATS1 said:
the frame rate doesn't stay at 30 fps? my god, how is this game even allowed 10's? that's how you know this game got rated out of hype. i don't mind the story being crap, but when the frame rate goes under 30fps, it's game over for me.

o.O Sarcasm?

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
DOATS1 said:

o.O Sarcasm?

wouldn't you like to know lol.

It's fucking sad that no one seems to care about framerates anymore.

This is THE FUTURE, I really wish every game was optimized for 60fps. It greatly enhances the gameplay in ANY game, esp online. Keep saying "who cares" and we'll keep getting games chugging at 25 fps.

It's not the end of the world, but framerate quality goes hand in hand w/ graphics quality. So it doesn't make ANY sense to comment on textures or resolution but NOT care about framerate.

Since console games keep getting more and more like PCs, they need to give us some control over the graphics vs. framerate at least.

GhaleonUnlimited said:

It's fucking sad that no one seems to care about framerates anymore.

This is THE FUTURE, I really wish every game was optimized for 60fps. It greatly enhances the gameplay in ANY game, esp online. Keep saying "who cares" and we'll keep getting games chugging at 25 fps.

It's not the end of the world, but framerate quality goes hand in hand w/ graphics quality. So it doesn't make ANY sense to comment on textures or resolution but NOT care about framerate.

Have you played it?  Does it seem like it's chugging to you? 

I don't know if this report is true, as it doesn't seem to "chug" in the least.  I have yet to notice a single slow-down, and the animations seem smooth to me.  If it IS true, then apparently 27 FPS can look better than I ever thought.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Uh yeah, I own it and beat it and have played 20 hours of the online. WTF do you think I'm talking about?

And YES, it feels like it chugs. FPS > graphics. 30 fps is OK, but as I said, makers should really let players customize the graphics, PC-style.

there's cutting edge and bleeding edge - when you have something with the textures and detail of MGS4 - you kinda accept whatever FPS it gives you, as long as you don't start skipping around.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D