By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 framerate ~27 FPS average.

HappySqurriel said:
Leetgeek said:
Hmm 27 fps? Thats about 24 more fps then a midrange PC will run Crysis at. Fine with me. Lol here comes the rage and quotes from toms hardware.

What do you mean by a "mid-range" PC?

Because on medium settings at a resolution that is similar to 720p you should be able to run Crisis at 30 to 60 fps on a $500 PC ... Certainly, if you want ultra-high settings with a resolution far higher than 1080p it will be difficult to maintain 30fps on an affordable system but that is hardly a fair comparison.

FYI - The radeon 4870 does 1920/1200 @30FPS with 2/4xAA IIRC in Crysis.

Tease.

Around the Network

i don't mind cuz it play smouth and don't have problem with it

mjhill said:
The overall point is that even though the game is amazing, sony sold us on hype. The 1080p at 60 FPS was a claim that no dev has yet to achieve. And is MGS4 can't do it, they I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I love MGS4 but to say it is without flaw is just foolish.

There are several PS3 exclusives that run at native 1080p and are consistint at 60fps

NBA 08

MLB 08 THE SHOW

GRAN TURISMO 5: PROALUAGE

As for the MGS4 argument, its completely stupid anyone would believe this. GTA 4 runs like a pile of snails compared to MGS4.

mM
leo-j said:
mjhill said:
The overall point is that even though the game is amazing, sony sold us on hype. The 1080p at 60 FPS was a claim that no dev has yet to achieve. And is MGS4 can't do it, they I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I love MGS4 but to say it is without flaw is just foolish.

There are several PS3 exclusives that run at native 1080p and are consistint at 60fps

NBA 08

MLB 08 THE SHOW

GRAN TURISMO 5: PROLoGuE

As for the MGS4 argument, its completely stupid anyone would believe this. GTA 4 runs like a pile of snails compared to MGS4.

Runs at 1280/1080p.

"Feel" vs actual are different beasts. Crysis is acceptable to me at 30FPS but I wouldn't want to play Counter strike source at less than 70.

Tease.

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
You guys why is this an argument? Does it matter if the game is running at 30 or 60fps? You barely notice the difference on consoles. Especially if your tv is a CRT one.

Agree. As long as you don't notice much of a drop then WHO CARES? I can't believe you guys argue over FRAMERATE. Wow. You guys just have to nitpick all over. It doesn't matter if it's running on 10 FPs...or 1000 FPS (lol although that's impossible at the moment :P But let's just use this as an example). If it runs smooth most of the time, that's all that matters.

And for people who argue that this isn't true (it really doesn't matter) then please provide data/facts/evidence/whatever. But still, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Yes, it does matter to me. The difference between 30FPS and 60 is glaring to me and I often find it visually difficult to bare through a game with such a low FPS. In most cases it is not a deal breaker but in a cinematic game like MGS animation needs to be as smooth as possible.

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:
Hmm 27 fps? Thats about 24 more fps then a midrange PC will run Crysis at. Fine with me. Lol here comes the rage and quotes from toms hardware.

Is funny how even you know you are wrong, and still posted the fud...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
leo-j said:
mjhill said:

NBA 08

MLB 08 THE SHOW

GRAN TURISMO 5: PROALUAGE

I think you have restated the same thing several time now and shied away from producing anything resembling actual proof each time.  Keep singing that same tune though, it gets more hilarious each time you post it.

As I said, for that type of game it is actually irresponsible for them to go for 60fps in single player.  They were better off going for something around 30 and having better graphic quality.

I give that post a 9.4.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Ok so the developer konami was full of $hit when they said MGS4 runs at 60fps, just because squillium has been constantly attacking this game means nothing:

http://www.gamecollision.com/news/metal-gear-solid-4-qa-runs-60fps-720p-possible-1080p-more#comment-2339

mM

I think that anyone who has played the game (myself included) would say that the game runs great.  I haven't noticed a single problem.  If it is really 27 fps and it runs like that, then I'm fine with 27 fps. 

If we want to get into games where fps actually matter, can we please start a topic about Bioshock - an insanely great game that becomes almost unplayable in the last two chapters (on the 360, anyway)?  It might be the first game I ever rebuy just so I can play it without problems (unless the PS3 version suffers as well).

Oh, and FIRST POST!  Don't hate on me.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

leo-j said:
Ok so the developer konami was full of $hit when they said MGS4 runs at 60fps, just because squillium has been constantly attacking this game means nothing:

http://www.gamecollision.com/news/metal-gear-solid-4-qa-runs-60fps-720p-possible-1080p-more#comment-2339

"A Metal Gear Solid Q&A posted by Jeff Haynes on IGN reveals that Metal Gear Solid 4 will be running at 60 frames per second, with 720p resolution. Whether it will support 1080p or not is a "closely guarded secret" which I'm going guess means yes."

"Animations in the game are incredibly fluid and slick. Frame rate only dropped slightly during explosions or a lot of on-screen action."

Interesting, but this two statements shows a little mismatch, why do they keep the lack of support for 1080p as a secret?? And even they noted slightly framedrops...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."