By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Rep CONFIRMS God of War 3 at E3!

E3 should be interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

PS3 is really beginning to output quality....God Of War 3 will continue the success of the Playstation 3 system....push boundries & truly set the bar sky high.

Ps3 owners should prepare themselves for a rollercoaster of a year in 2009....from the depths of Greek Mythology in GOW3, to a world of racing in GT5 & finally to an imaginative & fantasy filled land in FF13

This is what defines a next generation experience for me.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sweet cant wait!!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
PS3 is really beginning to output quality....God Of War 3 will continue the success of the Playstation 3 system....push boundries & truly set the bar sky high.

Ps3 owners should prepare themselves for a rollercoaster of a year in 2009....from the depths of Greek Mythology in GOW3, to a world of racing in GT5 & finally to an imaginative & fantasy filled land in FF13

This is what defines a next generation experience for me.

*stands up and claps for darth*

DMeisterJ said:
Yup pretty obvious.

Too bad it won't come out until March 2009, unless they're breaking the trend here.

Why March 2009?

Around the Network

^^
Because Sony won't want all its big guns for Winter of '08. It most probably will come out on March '09, 1 month after KZ2.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
Yup pretty obvious.

Too bad it won't come out until March 2009, unless they're breaking the trend here.

Why March 2009?

Because every God of War has been released in March. 2009 seems too early. I'd say 2010.

Mirson said:
MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
Yup pretty obvious.

Why March 2009?

Because every God of War has been released in March. 2009 seems too early. I'd say 2010.

Well, if you look at consoles GoWs, ti would fit.

God of War - March 2005
God of War II - March 2007
God of War III - March 2009

But chances are they'll need more dev time since it's a ps3 game, so holiday '09 seems more likely.  Of course, they did say that they've been working on this game since BEFORE God of War II even went gold.  I have a feeling they started figuring out the ps3's architecture when devkits went out.  GoWII came out 5 months after the ps3's launch, after all.  If that is the case, a March release is still possible.

but i rather have it done right and come out in late 2009 then early 2009.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

makingmusic476 said:
Mirson said:
MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
Yup pretty obvious.

Why March 2009?

Because every God of War has been released in March. 2009 seems too early. I'd say 2010.

Well, if you look at consoles GoWs, ti would fit.

God of War - March 2005
God of War II - March 2007
God of War III - March 2009

But chances are they'll need more dev time since it's a ps3 game, so holiday '09 seems more likely. Of course, they did say that they've been working on this game since BEFORE God of War II even went gold. I have a feeling they started figuring out the ps3's architecture when devkits went out. GoWII came out 5 months after the ps3's launch, after all. If that is the case, a March release is still possible.

And of course you forgot CoO : March 08 ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!