By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Wii, f Animal Crossing came out with Voice Chat

I never played an animal crossing. What is it like?

Around the Network

i would buy the game and then proceed to lose my connection with the outside world....

sc94597 said:

In short...do chores, keep the town clean, put together funiture sets, pay off your house, get mail, send mail.

Really simple concept....all in real time.  So on Christmas day...it is Christmas in the game.  If it is 8 pm....it is 8 pm in the game.  Best played with a roommate or significant other...since you can both live in the same town and give each other shirts or furniture....as well as simple notes.

There is no reason that this game shoudl be so fun...but I played it for two months straight with my girlfriend.  We celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even New Years (yes...for the countdown) in this game.

But don't expect to be blown away.  It is a subtle game.

mrkk said:
There's no point to it, really. And I love it!!!

I'll get it as soon as it's released, with or without voice chat.

This.

I admit that I didn't like the DS version as much as the GC one. I'm hoping the Wii brings it back. (The DS one felt like a mini GC version with way less to do)

Animal Crossing is Basically a cross between The Sims and Harvest Moon. Mix in some talking animals and there you go.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

super_etecoon said:
sc94597 said:

In short...do chores, keep the town clean, put together funiture sets, pay off your house, get mail, send mail.

Really simple concept....all in real time.  So on Christmas day...it is Christmas in the game.  If it is 8 pm....it is 8 pm in the game.  Best played with a roommate or significant other...since you can both live in the same town and give each other shirts or furniture....as well as simple notes.

There is no reason that this game shoudl be so fun...but I played it for two months straight with my girlfriend.  We celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even New Years (yes...for the countdown) in this game.

But don't expect to be blown away.  It is a subtle game.

I might try it. It sounds like the kind of game you have to play to have fun.  What is the setting. A town? a city? bigger?

Around the Network

Ill buy the Wii versions regardless of voice chat or not, oh man this was such a fun game on the GC

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

sc94597 said:
super_etecoon said:
sc94597 said:

Really simple concept....all in real time. So on Christmas day...it is Christmas in the game. If it is 8 pm....it is 8 pm in the game. Best played with a roommate or significant other...since you can both live in the same town and give each other shirts or furniture....as well as simple notes.

There is no reason that this game shoudl be so fun...but I played it for two months straight with my girlfriend. We celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even New Years (yes...for the countdown) in this game.

But don't expect to be blown away. It is a subtle game.

I might try it. It sounds like the kind of game you have to play to have fun. What is the setting. A town? a city? bigger?

A small town.  There are four cottages in the town that four save files can use.

Separate memory cards allow you to build more towns.

I'd imagine that the Wii version will be much larger with more interaction between towns.

This game appeals to little kids mostly.

I actually have a Wii and probably buy AC Wii.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
This game appeals to little kids mostly.

*Equips flamesuit*