By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Forbes: Year of the PS3, maybe 2009

http://www.forbes.com/2008/06/23/sony-ps3-console-tech-intel-cx_mji_0623sony.html?partner=yahootix

It's too soon to tell how the PS3's highly anticipated Metal Gear Solid 4 will impact June sales.

The year may not even be at the halfway mark, but Sony's luck will have to change if 2008 will end up the year of the PS3. It will now have to rely on its cast of anticipated holiday hits, such as Resistance 2 and LittleBigPlanet, and the launch of Home, its oft-delayed virtual online community, to drive sales.

There's always 2009

Around the Network

PS domination moved to '09 confirmed? (XD I kid I kid)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Goal posts moved confirmed.

People laughing at Sony in 20 years time.....plausible.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Thats pretty old. It says PS3 worldwide sales were 9.24M. That was like 7 months ago.

Around the Network

no it true just wait that will be the year of the ps3

i can prove it *hops in time machine*

... ... ... ... ...

*leaves time machine*

yeah about that it looks like 215 ended up being the year of the ps3, see that was when the wii was discontinued and there was no other comp....now if you excuse me while i was there i downloaded like 800 different hd movies in a few mintues so i am going to go watch them in my 4320 p resolution...super crisp

Gosh Forbes is turning into a Pachter - these loose canon predictions are well, enjoyable - they should give me warnings so I can warm up my laugh box and pop corn.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

mesoteto said:
no it true just wait that will be the year of the ps3

i can prove it *hops in time machine*

... ... ... ... ...

*leaves time machine*

yeah about that it looks like 215 ended up being the year of the ps3, see that was when the wii was discontinued and there was no other comp....now if you excuse me while i was there i downloaded like 800 different hd movies in a few mintues so i am going to go watch them in my 4320 p resolution...super crisp

215? You mean somebody under the Roman Emperor Caracalla invented the 4320p TV? Or maybe it was those barbarians to the north?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

More spin!! Can I add the fabric softener now.

Domination Delayed!?