By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Forbes: Year of the PS3, maybe 2009

nexzen said:
"360 will take market share away from the potential ps3 adopters" wtf?!?!?!?!?!?! 360's losin market share every week while wii and ps3 gain O.o and that's sad considerin ps3 had no exclusive killer aps til now....if ps3 survived this far without exclusives it will kill with them now

Does not mean that X360 has the largest market share, t just means some who would have chosen ps3 go to the x360 instead. X360 can lose share and still have this quote be true.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
Woah here lets read the article. The article never states 2009 WILL be PS3 domination. Its going over how 2008 did not end up being PS3 domination. The only line that seems like it says next year is the last one:

"There's always 2009"

Now as a KC Royals fan I know about going "Well, there's always next year" in the middle of a season. This line does not point to the domination next year but a throwing in the towel for the year. That does not mean there is a chance, its just something to feel better (and in this case he is saying it like Sony would, hoping its 2009)

I was targeting the responses to the IP not the article itself.

forbes are fanboys. 2008 will be a brilliant year for ps3 and will have silenced many nay-sayers.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

more people to eat some crows this year

libellule preparing more salad crow ...

Time to Work !

Aiemond said:
Woah here lets read the article. The article never states 2009 WILL be PS3 domination. Its going over how 2008 did not end up being PS3 domination. The only line that seems like it says next year is the last one:

"There's always 2009"

Now as a KC Royals fan I know about going "Well, there's always next year" in the middle of a season. This line does not point to the domination next year but a throwing in the towel for the year. That does not mean there is a chance, its just something to feel better (and in this case he is saying it like Sony would, hoping its 2009)

Aw, the joke's funnier if we only look at the headline.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

i think they said that 2007 was PS3 domination only because LAIR and Heavenly Sword were supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread and with MGS4's release, so they moved to 2008 but with Killzone 2 being delayed and Gran Turisom 5 and Final Fantasy 13 not being out by the end of the year.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

2008 has been a great year for ps3, what are you guys talking about? its outsold the xbox 360 so far. if you think that isnt good enough, look at its 06, 07 sales. its 1/3 of what they are right now.

deathgod, are you an archaeologist? You know, dig up old stuff? I mean, if you are, you sure didn't dig up anything other than clear Sony disease from Forbes passed down from Patcher!!

With Heavy Rain, RE5, God of War III, Killzone 2 (it also got a strong early recommendation in the latest Maxim), the best version of Final Fantasy XIII, Infamous, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 2, White Knight Chronicles, and possibly Kingdom Hearts 3 all coming in 2009 while the 360 (maybe a Halo game but other than that, they will really be putting most of their dollars into their next system) and Wii (Possibly a Pikmin game to go with Mad World and the Conduit as its biggest games) will have much slimmer pickings (I don't really think we'll see the next Mario or Zelda before 2010); so there's every reason to believe that Forbes is right and that the PS3 will really start to hit its stride in 2009.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

mesoteto said:
no it true just wait that will be the year of the ps3

i can prove it *hops in time machine*

... ... ... ... ...

*leaves time machine*

yeah about that it looks like 215 ended up being the year of the ps3, see that was when the wii was discontinued and there was no other comp....now if you excuse me while i was there i downloaded like 800 different hd movies in a few mintues so i am going to go watch them in my 4320 p resolution...super crisp

I think your time machine took you in the wrong direction

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot