By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why do people still have doubts about Vgchartz' accuracy?

Ultimately, people will doubt VGs numbers because it's not NPD, MC, or Famitsu.

They prefer their numbers, and hate everything else. Who cares? I like VGChartz. and unlike the complainers, atleast ioi tries to do his best, and is better than anyone else with what he does. His lists are bigger, and better.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

A lot of people only accept what they want to see instead of what things really are, and reject what they don't want. This type of mindset is quite prevalent, and it is not very easy for them to take notice of.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

Damn YOU Machina-AX. Now I feel guilty that I get access to this great site for free, while ioi works so hard.

Goes and ruins it for everyone...... with a heart....

Just click on his advertisements daily. I do.

Question, actually: I thought the site's Japan numbers WERE pulled directly from Media Create, since their numbers are public anyway? Is this in error?

Around the Network
omoneru said:
A lot of people only accept what they want to see instead of what things really are, and reject what they don't want. This type of mindset is quite prevalent, and it is not very easy for them to take notice of.

I'd would agree with this. I don't think you'll see a lot of Ninty fans complaining about the figures (Ninty has the reality bias after all!).

But I wouldn't be surprised to especially see Xbox fans 'doubting' VGChartz. They would prefer nexgenwars for instance (still have 360 rated at 11m sold, and Wii at 7.6m). 

Such is the world ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Machina-AX said:
Ye I have started clicking the ads, but I also donate to other sites I frequent and have used for a long time. It's nice to help out sites that I enjoy and benefit from - just thought a donation system would be a good idea if it was easy to set-up.

I should have made a separate thread really, sorry to go OT in your thread Neos.

I do this too, and encourage others to as well. If 10,000 people thought to PayPal me $5 for my opinions, I'd quit my job and start a blog.

although im not a fanboy, when i saw the wii figures drop by about 1 million and 360 sales go up by about a sixth, i completely gave up on nextgenwars and found this sited

It always takes time for a new data provider to develop a reputation -- and to be fair to the doubters, VGChartz in its early days was not nearly as close to the mark as it is now. The more reputable news sources draw on VGChartz data, and the more accurately it predicts the "official" numbers as time goes on, the less sniping will occur. I don't think it's a bad thing for people to be skeptical, and I think ioi is doing all the right things to overcome those doubts. The data is what matters, and it's getting to be pretty darn good.

(Of course, the people who just don't like what the data implies will never be satisfied, but that's always the case. There will always be those who are just SURE their platform of choice or sworn enemy cannot be selling at the reported levels, and SOME sort of conspiracy must be at work!)

come tomorrow there is a good chance we will see why people still doubt.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.