By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why do people still have doubts about Vgchartz' accuracy?

Ok so i regularly watch the nintendo forum and they often post vgchartz' numbers, so i think cool, publicity and such. But the strange thing is, a lot of people still see vgchartz as some site that pulls random numbers out of nowhere. Below here you can see 2 random examples of it. So my question is, how can we as a community give Vgchartz a better name on the internet?

EDIT : sorry for not having the entire message on it, but you get the drift
view this link for the entire message --> http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z274/confuziz/Examples.jpg

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

because there are official numbers, and even they may not be all perfect.

vg is a hell of alot better then the rest, but it sure is not perfect.

Well that isn't really an answer to the question... =)

I dont think you can. People have made their minds up, and they either accept or doubt these numbers. Look at nexgenwars. There are people who accept that data, and their are others, like myself, who will always doubt them. And, because this is the internet, people will argue why either one is correct/incorrect.

They are estimates. Some people will never believe this information because it is free. "Its too good to be true". Those are they people that wait for NPD and others to report figures. Their is no convincing them.

Hell, for all I know, ioi could be getting all of this info from 3 stores per country, and multiplying figures to makie up the rest. I am sure many think that way. However, there is simply too much work put into this site, unlike nexgenwars for example, to not doubt the numbers.

Weekly hardware sales figures. 200 software titles listed by sales each week in Japan and NA. I know that if I was going to make up numbers, I wouldnt be running such a big site, which only keeps getting bigger.

Hats of to ioi.

i know what your point is, but isn't it quite frustrating for ioi to make such efforts into building a reliable site, and then random people just naming the site being inaccurate and all that.

Around the Network

I don't think people doubt vgcharts accuracy.They just hate the fact how poorly their system of choice is selling.I'm a Playstation fan,but I can admit the PS3 sales are slow right now.Alot of 360 fanboys can't seem to face reality that the 360 has been selling very slowly as well.It finally hit around 10 mil after 1 year,7 months.I'll still play and enjoy my PS3 no matter what the sales are.I still like to check vgcharts to see how my system of choice is doing,even if the numbers is not what I like them to be :)

haha i the nintendo fourms?! i remember that place but i just got tired of the little kiddies that didnt know shit about the console they own and making assumption they cant back up...i remember 1 member saying just give the wii some time and after awhile it will have better graphics than the 360 or ps3

back to the topic....

yes DonWii i agree with you this site is free so people will doubt its accuracy but w/e i belive these #s and i would like to thank ioi for giving us these #s which are very accurate to the NPD #s

ioi said:
It is frustrating but there is just no talking sense into some people I'm afraid...

Contact gamestop.com, ign.com, etc and offer to do interviews, tell them you now offer weekly european data, and crap. Tell them that since you started this website, your sources have become more and more accurate and whatever.

Tell them that you want to go on record that Vgchartz is the best website for console sales.

Who knows maybe some website will actually do it.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

LoL. I like that idea... Ask 100 sites and, maybe, one will do it. I think that would represent the part of the internet that already accepts these estimates.

For alot of people, credibility will come when ioi's weekly data aligns within 10% of US+Canada NPD.

When people see that, they will trust the Euro and Japanese sales more.

Eventually a detailed methodology should be posted on ioi's methods, although I'm pretty satisfied with his techniques..he has reasons for not being able to post exactly how the data is compiled.

The main thing is finding a way to be seen as better than nexgen wars..

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu