By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCE - What games?

With E3 just round the corner, I thought I would have a look at all of Sony's in-house or collaboration studios to see what they are working on and wonder if there is any mystery titles that may be announced at E3 next month.

(Updated to include additional information)

SCEJ

Clap Hanz - Rumoured to be working on Hot Shots Golf 6

Polyphony Digital - Working on GT5 and should have it out early next year, also rumoured to be working on Gran Turismo Mobile for the PSP.

Japan Studio - Currently working on Siren: New Translation & Afrika, not sure what else.

Team ICO - Well we don't know the names of the games, but they are apparently working on 2 or even 3 games at the moment, with the main game being known as ICO3.

SCEA

Incognito Entertainment - No information at the moment.

Naughty Dog - Rumoured to be working on Uncharted 2, although rumours of a PS3 Jak & Daxter title is on the cards also.

Bend Studio - Rumoured to be working on Syphon Filter for the PS3 and possibly a third PSP Syphon Filter game as well.

San Diego Studio - Working on Sports games.

Santa Monica Studio - Rumoured to be working on God of War 3.

Zipper Interactive - Rumoured to be working on SOCOM 4

SOE Seattle - Working on The Agency.

SCEE

BigBig Studios - No information at all.

Evolution Studios - Motorstorm 2

Guerilla Games - Killzone 2

London Studio - Continuously working on SingStar.

Studio Cambridge - No information at all other than helping other projects with coding etc.

Studio Liverpool - Working on Wipeout HD, and prep work on a full Wipeout game for the PS3.

So as you can see, there are some big, big gaps.  Japan Studio has been very quiet for the last few years and I'd be surprised if they are only working on Siren and Afrika.  Also we are due to see some information on what Team ICO is working on.  Will this happen at E3?  We hope so.

We have yet to find out what Naughty Dog and Incognito are doing and we may also get a confirmation that Bend is working on ne Gabe Logan outing and that Santa Monica Studio is in fact well into making GOW3.

In Europe, we have yet to see anything from BigBig (after they completed Pursuit Force) and London & Cambridge Studios are due to shed some light on what they are working on, especially after the cancellations of The Getaway & Eight Days.  Also, remember the BBC reporter that managed to get a tour of London (or was it Cambridge) Studio earlier in the year and said there was an amazing game that has not been reported yet being worked on...what is this game and will this be shown at E3?

All in all, there is potential for Sony to announce quite a host of games at E3 next month, but will they?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Incognito are working on inFamous, santa monica have said that GoW 3 is underway. Liverpool are working a proper WipEout sequel and I think London and Cambridge are involved in the work on home

I thought Sucker Punch was doing inFamous?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Oh yeah, I was slightly confused. I know they are still working on Warhawk, but there was a rumour of a mass exodus so they may not really be working on anything

Zipper is doing Socom 4.

Around the Network

The official BigBig Studies site says they are looking to higher 10 people for positions across all aspects of their team. One of the positions is an engine progammer for the PSP.

Clap Hanz just released some downloadable crap on the PSN for HSG5, there PSP golf game just came out in NA this month so they should be working full time on the next HSG game. The last one was kinda average, so i bet they want to put a lot of effort into their next game.

And don't count on GT5 coming out early next year, i would expect nothing before September 2009.  Polyphony Digital are pretty small, at about 110 workers.

Wow I really hate Sony Europe. Not only are we Europeans at the hand of a couple of idiots. (Give us Dualshocks, reduce the price and fix the PSN Store you assclowns) But also the game developers suck.

American studios develop God of War and Uncharted, Japanese Gran Turismo5 and an Ico game and Europeans have Singstar and Killzone2.

They should shut down SCEE and start from scratch. Really.

davygee said:

With E3 just round the corner, I thought I would have a look at all of Sony's in-house or collaboration studios to see what they are working on and wonder if there is any mystery titles that may be announced at E3 next month.

SCEJ

Clap Hanz - Just finished Hot Shots Golf, what are they now working on? I would say HSG6 and HTG OT 3

Polyphony Digital - Working on GT5 and should have it out early next year. Gran Turismo Mobile perhaps ?

Japan Studio - Currently working on Siren: New Translation & Afrika, not sure what else. LocoRoco 2 ... tough it was rumored that an EU team will do the sequel ...

Team ICO - Well we don't know the names of the games, but they are apparently working on 2 or even 3 games at the moment, with the main game being known as ICO3.

SCEA

Incognito Entertainment - Not sure whats being worked on.

Naughty Dog - Most like a Jak & Daxter title, although Uncharted 2 could be on the go as well. I would say UC2

Bend Studio - Rumoured to be working on Syphon Filter for the PS3 That or the end of the portable trilogy ... the end of LS was a fishtail ending as most of you know :D

San Diego Studio - Working on Sports games. Yearly sports games ...

Santa Monica Studio - Rumoured to be working on God of War 3. Yeah , thats probably it ...

Zipper Interactive - Is Zipper working on SOCOM Confrontation, if not, then what are they doing? Confrontation is NOT a main game , Zipper stated that we will get a real sequel from them ...

SCEE

BigBig Studios - What are they working on? Pursuit Force 3 ? ... for the PS3 ? Maybe ...

Evolution Studios - Motorstorm 2 check

Guerilla Games - Killzone 2 check

London Studio - Continuously working on SingStar, but what else after cancelling The Getaway & Eight Days? ???

Studio Cambridge - What are they working on? Rumors are that they could be doing a PS3 Medieval game ... a Medieval 2 remake for the PSP was rumored a lot afther the release of the first one in Sept. 05 ...

Studio Liverpool - Working on Wipeout HD, not sure what else? They will probably make a real Wipeout next ...

So as you can see, there are some big, big gaps. Japan Studio has been very quiet for the last few years and I'd be surprised if they are only working on Siren and Afrika. Also we are due to see some information on what Team ICO is working on. Will this happen at E3? We hope so.

We have yet to find out what Naughty Dog and Incognito are doing and we may also get a confirmation that Bend is working on ne Gabe Logan outing and that Santa Monica Studio is in fact well into making GOW3.

In Europe, we have yet to see anything from BigBig (after they completed Pursuit Force) and London & Cambridge Studios are due to shed some light on what they are working on, especially after the cancellations of The Getaway & Eight Days. Also, remember the BBC reporter that managed to get a tour of London (or was it Cambridge) Studio earlier in the year and said there was an amazing game that has not been reported yet being worked on...what is this game and will this be shown at E3?

All in all, there is potential for Sony to announce quite a host of games at E3 next month, but will they?

Yep , those are my bets ... lets see which one will be true ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Kyros said:
Wow I really hate Sony Europe. Not only are we Europeans at the hand of a couple of idiots. (Give us Dualshocks, reduce the price and fix the PSN Store you assclowns) But also the game developers suck.

American studios develop God of War and Uncharted, Japanese Gran Turismo5 and an Ico game and Europeans have Singstar and Killzone2.

They should shut down SCEE and start from scratch. Really.

You're being a little harsh.Isn't Little Big Planet from SCEE?

I think that Slant Six is doing confrontation

@bleu ocelot, media molecule who make Little Big Planet are independent