By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCE - What games?

What about that "Dress" thing? No idea where it's being made...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Kyros said:
Wow I really hate Sony Europe. Not only are we Europeans at the hand of a couple of idiots. (Give us Dualshocks, reduce the price and fix the PSN Store you assclowns) But also the game developers suck.

American studios develop God of War and Uncharted, Japanese Gran Turismo5 and an Ico game and Europeans have Singstar and Killzone2.

They should shut down SCEE and start from scratch. Really.

You're being a little harsh.Isn't Little Big Planet from SCEE?

Sony own the IP but not the studio.

Why the hell Sony needed to cancel Getaway 3 and 8 days? Two of the biggest upcoming PS3 games developed by SCEE.

Munkeh111 said:
I think that Slant Six is doing confrontation

@bleu ocelot, media molecule who make Little Big Planet are independent

NJ5 said:
What about that "Dress" thing? No idea where it's being made...

SCEJ is making Dress game, anyway all Japanese studios are making crap for PS3 apart from Polyphony Digital.

I think the London studi is working on Buzz for the PSP and PS3 as well!

Around the Network

Clap Hanz is most likely working on HSG6. That seems to be the only series they make.

Sony Japan is doing most of the firmware development for the ps3 and PSP, but I'm sure they have 1-2 more projects up their sleeves. Hell, Siren and Afrika are both due out this year, so if nothing else they'll be starting new projects now.

Team ICO is definitely working on one game, and it is rumored that they'll be working on two. We have no clue what they are, but they will most likely be superb. I just hope they kept the composer from SotC. The OST is one the most amazing video game soundtracks I've ever heard.

Incognito keeps pumping out expansions for Warhawk, but I'm sure they have something else in the works. It will just take a while to get here given their preoccupation with Warhawk.

Naughty Dog has all but confirmed that they're working on Uncharted 2.   As much as I'd love to see another J&D, I'd be content either way because I LOVE both franchises.

Sony Bend is probably working on Syphon Filter, as you said. That's really all they do. The ps2 SFs weren't exactly the greatest, but the PSP ones have greatly improved. Hopefully the next one is great.

God of War III was basically confirmed to be in development by Cory Barlog at the launch of God of War II.   While he left SCE, I don't see why plans would've changed.  It was later reconfirmed when GoW: Chains of Olympus launched, as they had "PS3 Coming Soon" written on the back of the manual.  Guerrilla Games also referenced Sony Santa Monica in the recent EGM cover story, saying that they've received some ps3 development help from "the God of War team", implying that God of War III is well under way.   I wouldn't be surprised to see the game unveiled at E3.   In fact, I'm 99% sure the game will be unveiled at E3.

Zipper is presumably working on Socom 4, but nobody knows for certain. Recent job listings imply that they are working on "a large scale multiplayer game" that sounds far bigger than Socom ever was. We may see an announcement at E3, if only because we haven't heard anything out of them in years.

Slant Six, the guys behind one of the PSP Socoms, are the guys working on Confrontation, btw. They are 2nd party.

Sony Liverpool is working on not only Wipeout HD, but also a full Wipeout for the ps3. There are also strong rumors that they are working on a secret action game known as the Protector that looks "stunning". This game has been reported on by EGM as well as insiders on NeoGAF, and it is supposed that it is the "amazing" looking game that the BBC reporter referenced a few months back. Given that they are no longer working on F1, it makes sense that they'd have another project in the works.

Sony London - nobody really knows what they're doing right now. It's been rumored that they've been tasked to help out on Killzone 2 (which would've been mentioned in the EGM cover story if it were true, but it wasn't, so I presume it's not), and it's also been rumored that they are working on some super secretive FPS that also looks "stunning". People have also rumored that THIS is the game the BBC reporter saw, and not Sony Liverpool's game. Given what we know so far, I'd say that the Sony Liverpool rumor is far more credible. This rumor can only be backed up by 1-2 guys on NeoGAF, whereas the Protector has apparently been "seen" by far more people.

Sony Cambridge are Sony's elite group of ps3 coders. They go around to other studios teaching them the ins and outs of ps3/Cell development. They've loaned their assistance to various projects such as Heavenly Sword, as well as a few third party projects.

And it's really scary that I knew all that off the top of my head. :|

Dude who started the thread, make your post accurate with makiingmusic476's post. He KNOWS what He's talking about!!!!!

AS for the first and second parties : Here are all the ones listed that I could find:

SCEA:

First Party:

Sony Online Entertainment Seattle: Working on The Agency (PS3/PC)

SCE Blend: Nothing confirmed but, Strongly rumored to be working on a new Syphon Filter (PS3 or PSP).

SCE Foster City Studio/ 989 Studios: Nothing confirmed or rumored. My guess is that they are helping with GOW 3 Development.

SCE Santa Monica Studio: God of War 3 (PS3)

Naughty Dog, INC: all but completly confirmed Uncharted 2. I would expect a much, much earlier release for Uncharted 2( like say early summer 09). Also have been strongly rumored to be working on a new Jak and Daxter, but I seriously doubt it.

Zippy Int. : Small rumors say they are working on a new IP. But, most rumors say SOCOM 4 (PS3)

Incognito, INC: No idea. They may be assisting with other projects.

SCE San Diego: Sports titles. ( What else?)

Sony Online Entertainment: working on the DC MMO (PS3).

Second Party:

Insomniac Games: Resistance 2, strongly rumored to also be working on a new Ratchet game due in late 2009.

Slant Six: As already mentioned, they are working on Socom: Confrontation (PS3/PSN).

Sucker Punch Productions: They are working on inFamous (PS3).

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

SCEE

First Party:

SCE Liverpool Studio: Are working on Wipeout HD, Wipeout(PS3), Strongly rumored to be working on Protector (PS3) and/or Colony Wars (PS3).

BigBig Studios: No idea.  Maybe assisting Liverpool.

Evolution Studios: Working on Motorstorm 2 (PS3)

SCE Cambridge: Remember all those "Swat Team" references by the Sony Bigwigs? Well, that's these guys.

SCE London Studio/ Team Soho: Now only SingStar (PS3). Have been confirmed to be working with other developers.

Guerilla Games: Working on Killzone 2(PS3).

SCEJ/ SCEI:

First Party:

Clap Hanz: As previously said, Strongly rumored to be working on Hot Shot Golf 6 (PS3).

SCE Japan Studio: Many unnounced PSN projects.  Is also working on PSEye software as well.

Team ICO: Strongly Rumored to be working on 2-3 Games. At least one of those has been confirmed to be an unannounced PS3 title.  Specified title has been rumored to be an Ico Sequel or a Shadow of the Colossus Sequel.

Polyphony Digital: Working on Gran Turismo 5 (PS3).  Rumored to also be working on a PSP Gran Turismo.

Second Party:

Game Republic: Working on Dark Mist and Toy Home for the PSN. Small rumors also suggest a Folklore Sequel.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

I would say Uncharted will come November 09, as they always release their games in the holidays. They can probably get it done before then, but I would expect them just to get some more people working on J & D (I think they normally have a small team doing pre-production while the main team handles the main game that they are working on)

I hope Clap Hanz is doing something else, maybe Everybody's Tennis for the PS3? Or maybe a new series like Everybody's Baseball or Everybody's Football or something.

At the same token I want Syphon Filter 3 for the PS3 and a new series for the PSP....Sony is known to milk their franchises to the point of hurting them.