By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NASA warming scientist: This is the last chance "We're Toast"

i am not even going to touch this subject because i will pwn you all

Around the Network
wfz said:
HappySquirrel, thank you. I'm glad not everyone on this site is buying into the man made global warming conspiracy.

Water Vapor is a million times over more of a greenhouse gas than CO2, maybe it's time we all stop growing crops and using any water for anything. =P

A few years ago people were freaking out over another ice age, and now it's global warming..

Oh well, let those people "save" our planet if they wish to. I'll be sitting back and enjoying my life.

You guys realize that water vapor's effects are part of all the current climate models?

Guess not.

i guess its why we had a record setting winter. Its so warm its become cold again! oh noes!

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Welp, here's what I think. Caring about the envirnoment because of fear for yourself, is the motivating factor in all environmental discussions.

So, scientist try to define things in terms of how global warming will affect the Earth in our lifetime.

In doing so, they slightly embellish the effect even the most unlikely vast and immediate climate changes would have on our environment in say, 20 years.

In other words, it is very unlikey that this will bring about the apocolypse in our lifetime. Scientists know this. That's why it is really tough to get us to care. That is why they develop these talking points that relate to immediate climate change.

Now, I'm a selfish evil person. Assume that I don't care if the world ends the day after I die. Convince me to care about the environment while assuming that said environment will have no real impact on the lifespan or quality of life for Americans until after I am already dead.

Convince me that now I should start worrying about the environment for future generations, and for your children's children. Good luck, btw, lol.

We know the problem is real. We just also know that we have a good 50 years before it really starts to screw us up. That's why we're not all about sacraficing our good times now, cause lol, ya know, if it doesn't specifically effect me, I'm not gonna be campaigning for things, I'm not that kinda guy.

It's easy to see through the doom and gloom predictions that bounce around the subject of when this real change is gonna happen, because they are obviously designed to make people like me worry ourselves into action. Unfortunately they don't work very well.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Wait, what kind of toast are we talking about?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
whatever said:
wfz said:
HappySquirrel, thank you. I'm glad not everyone on this site is buying into the man made global warming conspiracy.

Water Vapor is a million times over more of a greenhouse gas than CO2, maybe it's time we all stop growing crops and using any water for anything. =P

A few years ago people were freaking out over another ice age, and now it's global warming..

Oh well, let those people "save" our planet if they wish to. I'll be sitting back and enjoying my life.

You guys realize that water vapor's effects are part of all the current climate models?

Guess not.

I'm not going to touch this subject anymore because it's been tainted by people who just want to make money and a crapload of "scientists" who will tell you anything you want them to if you show them the good stuff.

I'll just ask this, and it was in HappySquirrel's post (if you even bothered to read it, which I doubt most of you did), do you even believe a 5 day forecast? What makes you  think these scientists are any better at predicting 50 to 100 years from now?

The worst part is that when the temperature of the Earth finally starts cooling down again, people are going to praise it as our amazing effort to stop global warming, when really the entire time the Earth was just running it's course.

wfz said:
whatever said:
wfz said:

Guess not.

I'm not going to touch this subject anymore because it's been tainted by people who just want to make money and a crapload of "scientists" who will tell you anything you want them to if you show them the good stuff.

I'll just ask this, and it was in HappySquirrel's post (if you even bothered to read it, which I doubt most of you did), do you even believe a 5 day forecast? What makes you  think these scientists are any better at predicting 50 to 100 years from now?

The worst part is that when the temperature of the Earth finally starts cooling down again, people are going to praise it as our amazing effort to stop global warming, when really the entire time the Earth was just running it's course.

Umm, these are completely different.  Predicting the weather for a specific location at a specific time (which vary wildly from day to day) has absolutely zero to do with predicting the rise in the planet's overall temperature (which doesn't vary much at all) and its impact.

This is just a meaningless comparison that attempts to sway people that are uninformed on the subject.

I suggest that those of you who seriously doubt global warming to watch "An Inconvenient Truth". Its a really well done movie that demonstrates exactly what is wrong and exactly what we can do to fix it.

thats a joke, right? Al Gore the biggest liar and fearmonger in existance.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Oh please....not another one.
THE SKY IS FALLING!

Cue all of the alarmists shrieking that anyone who doesn't automatically buy into this is an ignorant "global warming denier".

Oh wait.....too late.

Is pollution bad? Yes. Do I personally enjoy exploring and learning about nature, animals and such? Yes. Do we have to crush our economy and radically change our lives to pander to this blown out of proportion hoax? Hell no.