By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the Wii ever outsell the PS360?

It's obvious that neither PS3 or the 360 will ever surpass the Wii in sales. However some people belive that the Wii will outsell both the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. Do you think that will happen?

My guess is there's no chance in hell.

If you don't think it's a fair fight consider the fact that 360/PS3 owners are much more likely to get a Wii then they are a PS3/360. Why? Not because they are crazy fanboys, but because often the best games on these systems come out for BOTH systems. They are VERY similar and negate each others sales.  

So who will win? PS360 or Wii?

Around the Network

Wii most likely will get 50% marketshare. I predict around march next year.

I think it will end up with about 65% market share in the end, so yes.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

yes i think in due time it will,it needs to ship more untis and when it gets its first price drop then it wil definitely outsell its competition

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yes it will.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Pretty sure around christmas time

The Wii is outselling the PS360 almost every week, so eventually it's total userbase will be bigger too.

Especially if Nintendo cranks up the production of Wiis and it becomes a 2 million per month seller.

The PS360 sells rufly 22 mill per year. I can see the Wii sell 30 mill per year very soon.

WII is only 5 million behind PS360, it will probably out sell both by next summer

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Wii will outsell PS360. It often does so already on a weekly basis. Once Nintendo remedy supply issues this will be the norm.

As 360 starts to fall off more as this year closes and into 2009, possibly, but I doubt it. I'm thinking end of the generation PS360 will be at about 85 million combined. PS3 about 50 million, an 360 at about 35 million. Wii would definetly need to step it up to beat that, which I see ending around 75 million.