By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zack and Wiki sequel? Don’t hold your breath

@windbane:
I think we have a slightly different opinion on the definition of point & click adventure. IMO Secret Files: Tunguska is a good example for a p&c adventure on Wii (as well as the upcoming Sam & Max). Zack & Wiki is not, it´s a mere 3D puzzle game (at least to me).

Around the Network
shams said:
I must be the only person who didn't like the game. Hate to say, but I pretty much regret buying Z&W - doubt it will ever go into my Wii again.

It would be a good basis for another similar game though, one that fixed the flaws. Or release it on WiiWare - for 500 per level (with 3-4 "missions" on a level) - as an episodic thing.

nope, you are definitely not alone. I have no idea what people find appealing about the game.

windbane said:
shams said:
I must be the only person who didn't like the game. Hate to say, but I pretty much regret buying Z&W - doubt it will ever go into my Wii again.

It would be a good basis for another similar game though, one that fixed the flaws. Or release it on WiiWare - for 500 per level (with 3-4 "missions" on a level) - as an episodic thing.

nope, you are definitely not alone. I have no idea what people find appealing about the game.

But have you played it?

The reason I didn't like the game (much) isn't that obvious:

The game is a cross between a "turn-based" (non-timed) puzzle game, and an "action" game (adding timing elements to puzzles/levels).

I quite enjoyed the puzzle elements, and didn't mind dying *that* much.

However, the action elements drove me crazy. The interface & game design (in general) was never designed for an action game. Response is slow, characters quite often go where you don't want them to (and a bunch of other issues). I would have died 10% from puzzle errors, and 90% from action errors - most of which were not my fault.

I figure they did this to extend the length of the game - it was relatively short as it is, and without these annoying action elements it might have been half as long.

I also found that several places / actions in the game were not that obvious - things that should have worked  (or "could" have worked) failed, with no explanation or reason.

It sort of reminded me a lot of Dragons Lair - learn the perfect way to do a level, with perfect timing - or die.

(the levels that were puzzle only - such as the Ice Key level - were excellent - whereas the more crazy action levels, such as the one with the statue thing that blew ice/freezing wind... errgh!).

...anyway - I'd rather a new Viewtiful Joe game (more along the lines/difficulty of the first one thanks :>).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

It's not a game I'm sure that needs a sequel.

This is a disapointment. While there are obviously some people who didn't like the game, i'm still sure there are a lot of people out there that would love a sequel.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Around the Network
shams said:
windbane said:
shams said:

But have you played it?

The reason I didn't like the game (much) isn't that obvious:

The game is a cross between a "turn-based" (non-timed) puzzle game, and an "action" game (adding timing elements to puzzles/levels).

I quite enjoyed the puzzle elements, and didn't mind dying *that* much.

However, the action elements drove me crazy. The interface & game design (in general) was never designed for an action game. Response is slow, characters quite often go where you don't want them to (and a bunch of other issues). I would have died 10% from puzzle errors, and 90% from action errors - most of which were not my fault.

I figure they did this to extend the length of the game - it was relatively short as it is, and without these annoying action elements it might have been half as long.

I also found that several places / actions in the game were not that obvious - things that should have worked  (or "could" have worked) failed, with no explanation or reason.

It sort of reminded me a lot of Dragons Lair - learn the perfect way to do a level, with perfect timing - or die.

(the levels that were puzzle only - such as the Ice Key level - were excellent - whereas the more crazy action levels, such as the one with the statue thing that blew ice/freezing wind... errgh!).

...anyway - I'd rather a new Viewtiful Joe game (more along the lines/difficulty of the first one thanks :>).

Yeah, I didn't like those parts or the dying and starting over parts. I didn't finish it because I just wasn't having fun. It was the first game in awhile that I didn't finish. Having fun is more important than finishing a game I wasn't enjoying very often, I realized. The only others I've rented lately but didn't finish were MP3 (also wasn't fun to me) and Grid (highly over-rated compared to Burnout or even Ridge Racer 7). Edit: Oh, and about Viewtiful Joe, a game I absolutely loved, is the 2nd one easier or harder? I played the first level a long time ago and haven't gotten back to it.

i'd like a sequel of this game, it's so special!!

also, if it's promoted a bit more it will be better!!

(although the sales of Z&W are good, but it can do alot better)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Zack and Wiki is a really cool game but I almost don't want a sequel. It's one of thse games that should be a cult game. I have a feeling if they made a sequel they would try to make it more "sellable" and change it completely. This would be hailed by the mainstream and hated by people that enjoy the original.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger