By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox makes 10 million!!!

deadhorse said:
The Wii is inching towards the 360 every week. I wonder if it will reach it before Halo 3 comes out. It should get a big boost with the release of Metroid Prime 3. I think the 360 will go past it after GTAIV and Halo 3 are both out. I'd say they'll be about the same after the end of the Holidays.
 I don't agree with that predicition. I know Halo will move units, but not as many as people seem to think. Much of the Halo crowd already owns a 360 thanks to games like Gears of War, Crackdown and the Halo 3 Beta. I know it'll move units ofc ourse there's some waiting out, but I don't think it'll be a gigantic move. Metroid sadly might just reboost the clammor for a Wii, it won't move extra systems just yet, simply because it's not possible to do so! And for GTAIV I have a feeling it'll move more PS3's then 360's

Around the Network
dpmnymkrprez said:
ckmlb said:
360 will not crack 15 million this year, more like 13 million ish.

Very possible, congrats to 360 owners who adopted the system!!!!

Soon I will join in the comradare, ill post it when i get my 360

Just be sure to exchange gamertags with me, we'll find a game to play and I'll yell at you like "pwned noob!" and such >.> lol

Very nice. 360 finally hit that special number.

woot!!! right in alignment with my excel sheet to meet my predictions in my sig!!!!! The only thing I can see really hurting my predictions is xmas sales. I may be a little high. But, hey, I am a glass half full kind of guy.

HURRAY PARTY!!

TIME TO DRINK!

LET THE CHICKS COME IN!!

WOOOOHOOO!!

PS: I really don't give fuck about it XD.

Around the Network
souixan said:
 And for GTAIV I have a feeling it'll move more PS3's then 360's 

I strongly disagree. $200 less and Halo 3 sitting next to GTA IV on shelves will push more GTA gamers toward the 360 than the PS3.

Of course, price drops could change this situation significantly but I have the feeling that we won't be seeing any before 2008 and if we do, it will be from MS first, not Sony.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Congrats 360. I for one, really enjoy playing the 360 with my friends...maybe PS3 would be fun too, but I don't know anybody who would go out and buy one of those.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

w00t. But, just to make sure, the numbers are correct this time. Micriosoft giving the right numbers?

I am not trying to end the party but the 10 million sold take into account the red ring of death? Its a honest question not a flamebait.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
I am not trying to end the party but the 10 million sold take into account the red ring of death? Its a honest question not a flamebait.

Yes, because replaced consoles are not sold through retai, they're sent directly from microsoft to the affected customer.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957