By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does any big rpg fan not own a 360?

@ Crazzy
You just said you want to play them, but classified them as average?
So classify from cover-judging than playing is the norm huh?
Game quality should not be judged by name, hype or marketing...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network
ArtznCraphs said:
That's too bad. The first Xbox was actually a good piece of hardware with some great hardcore niche titles.

Are there ethical reasons people don't support MS? I'm not up on the company's history.

I do not hate them for the Xbox. I never had one, and I don't plan to. I've hated Microsoft since I'm a kid, an for a lot of reasons. For example:

-Unstable, unsecure OSes. I can't count how many times I reinstalled Win98 in my PC

-Bad products (Internet Explorer)

-DRM that is malware (Windows Genuine Advantage) and is difficult to remove.

-Monopolistic practics

-Steve Ballmer

Most of all, I hate them for the bad experiences I've had with Windows, which I still use. At least, I didn't pay for it, so I can rest easy they haven't received a single cent from me

This may sound trivial, but until the PS3 gets a good system that is equal to the achievements system of the 360, I will continue to play my rpg's on the 360.

I think the achievements system is more or less pointless in most games, but it absolutely drives me to play more and more of the rpg's than I ever would have without them.

Oblivion and Mass Effect are great games, but my attention span would have been lost in the story line if not for achievements.

Luckily the PS3 will be getting trophies soon, and the proper implementation of this feature is what hinges my decision for which system to buy Fallout 3 on.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Me. I don't ever plan to buy a 360 because of many reasons, some logical and some preferencial.

The number 1 reason though is FFXIII and Versus XIII. Maybe that's 2 reasons....

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Videogirl said:
Squilliam said:
Videogirl said:
ils411 said:
Videogirl said:
I love JRPGs but none of the 360 jrpg appeal to me mostly because I don't like Sakaguchi's old fashioned games, and I dont like western RPG either. But there's a greater reason : I will never, ever again in my life buy a 360.

how come? let me guess, you got one of those launch 360s or the ones with the xenon mobo

I could care less if it was Xenon, Zephyr, Jasper or whatever craptacular mobo MS is trying to shove down our throats. Point is it lasted hardly 4 months, so yeah I feel like I've got ripped off.

Woah, did it cost you any money? It shouldn't have. I have bought 2 PSX - 4 PS2's and my PS3 is breaking down, all out of my own pocket and none under warranty. MS>Sony!!!

Well my PS2 is 7.5 years old and still kicking. And yes I lost about 240$ on games when I swapped my faulty 360 for a 60Go PS3 (April 2007) and so far so good. For me Sony>>>>>>MS !!!!!!

Oh by the way I also had a PS, Dreamcast, Genesis, and a Gamegear but none ever failed on me.

though i my prefer the ps3 to the x360, i think its safe to say that you can safely buy a good x360 nowadays. unless of course if your extreamly unlucky and endup up with a crap unit again.

Around the Network

I didnt expect there to be as many on 360 as they are. The quality of the rpg's and amount so far(coupled together with lack of on PS3) has stopped me buying Sony's machine at this time.

swyggi said:
Me. I don't ever plan to buy a 360 because of many reasons, some logical and some preferencial.

The number 1 reason though is FFXIII and Versus XIII. Maybe that's 2 reasons....

but why not enjoy the best of both worlds?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Big RPG fan, no 360. But I'll probably get one. I'm still doubting a bit between PS3 or 360. I'll get one of those for RE5 anyway.
The recent 360 RPG announcements pretty much push me in the direction of that one. Tales of Vesperia and Star ocean look amazing.

i'm an RPG fan (a lot less now but I used to be a big one 4 years ago) and I have absolutely no intention of buying an Xbox 360! My PS3 and Wii will do.