By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - With the beautiful upscaled rendition of........

thelastsoldier said:
Leetgeek said:
I'd like to see it but there's about 100 games I'd like to see re-made before it.

Name at least 10 for me if you dont mind?

Ok Perhaps 100 was overkill. Here's 13:

Actraiser, ff6, ff7, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, World Runner, Bad dudes, The secret of Mana, Castlevainia SOTN, CAstlevania 4, Final Fight,  UN Squadrin

... I could go on.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
Munkeh111 said:
windbane said:
The OP is a spoiler...no warning...

Yeh, that should be sorted out

Yes and no.

Hideo teased it in an earlier trailer and then really teased people in a short 'flashback' video soon after that. Also, the OP didn't mention any details other than the location, which if you've already seen all the teasers Hideo released, then you already knew that going in.

@the OP,

I don't really think that MGS4's gameplay mechanics would work as well if they decided to make another remake adding more features (like Twin Snakes did). Personally, I would like to see MGS stay the same and just get a graphical upgrade because I really disliked the Twin Snakes remake.

Alright, well then I guess that's fair. I avoided trailers to avoid spoilers, though. Some dude at work told me that the environment would be in the game, so I already knew, but I wish I hadn't. Konami has to build excitement by showing trailers, but I'd rather not watch them personally.

I'd love it but they should definitely stick to the original as much as possible, especially with voice acting (Gray Fox sounds terrible) and cutscenes (they have some terrible exaggerations from what I've seen). Also, they're going to need music better than TTS. Not having played it I can't say much but its music doesn't seem as good as the original. Not bad either, though.

EDIT: Although I must admit we don't need a remake every generation. Still, it'd be nice if done the right way.

Munkeh111 said:
windbane said:
The OP is a spoiler...no warning...

Yeh, that should be sorted out

I apologize about that, .....I didnt realize i was creating a spoiler, lol.........All I knew is that i completed MGS4, LOVED IT, and just wanted a general opinion from everyone sorry about guys!

Metal Gear Solid is actually one of those games I would just leave the way they are. It is not old enough to justify a remake in my eyes.