By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is the Wii Still a Virtual sellout in US?

I am with my fiance in Mississippi and I went to WalMart and was shocked to see 2 Wiis sitting on the shelves(I have never seen a Wii sitting on the shelves in my life)

then I went back the next day and they were gone, but then yesterday I checked and their were 8 sitting on the shelves. They appear to be selling quite well. Also this area is kinda redneckish(my Fiance is not of course) and gaming is not that big here. I also saw 4 MGS 80GB(or was it 40GB?) bundles on the shelves, and 2 360 Elites. They also had every DS color in stock at once(had not seen that since last sept) and all PSP SKU's.

Just wondering if the Wii is still sold out in most area( minus economically depressed areas like in MS)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

It depends whether you include Griffin's US or not.

Certainly....in the area of California I live....you can never find Wiis.
Don't expect that to change much before April of '09.

You expect the Wii to continualy be supply constrained for another year ? wow..

My Target started Wednesday off with 8 Wiis, by days end they had no Wiis.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Good luck finding one in Boston.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network
Million said:
You expect the Wii to continualy be supply constrained for another year ? wow..

Speaking for my area....yes. We're in one of the slowest times of the gaming year...and they can't keep them on the shelves. Once we get into September/October it will be nearly impossible....and November/December will be ugly. January/Febuary they try to play catch up and won't succeed. In March, if they do have the supply, they will hold it since they will have already met their financial expectations. That leaves April of '09 to be the first possible time that they could possibly meet demand enough that the Wii is actually sitting on tehshelf longer than 1-2 days.

And if you think that will be the time that the PS3 can catch up....guess again.

Don't underestimate the desire for many Wii owners to own a new color when they release the Black Wii. Ask how many DS owners own two...and sometimes 3 DSs.

When you see Wii's continuously available on Amazon, you will know supply has caught up with demand. I don't expect that to happen until after the holidays at least.

Yes.

http://www.xpbargains.com/wii_locator.php

i was lucky to get my wii. they are sold out every were in California.
store clerks say they are in stock for a couple of minutes then their gone

and this marks my 1000 post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna party like mario

They're a bit easier to find since supply has increased so much but they still sell very quickly.