By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock Band 2 (idea) wouldn't it be cool

If they sold an edition of Rock Band 2 which allowed the user to form his/her own setlist?

The disc would have a code in it to allow a certain amount of credits which would be used to "purchase" songs off XBL of PSN or Wii's Network... You would have a selection of songs for each tier and would be allowed to pick a certain amount...It would let people get the songs they like and I think it would be a cool idea. If you don't have an internet connection of course there would be a retail version which had a designated list, this would be more of like a Special Edition pack...

Just a thought of something that would be cool (not sure if this is the right section for it, but I thought it could be)

What do you all think? And do you think it is a possibility in the future?

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network

Not a good idea... Reasons:

1. Would not work on Wii... Harmonix is lazy about Wii ports.. Would piss of Wii users even more...
  2. Not every person with an XBOX has XBOX LiVE, especially Australia and the European countries
  3. Hard-Drive space - Sure, many people have plaenty of hard-drive space, but with a wholesetlist (80+ if they are going to compete with Guitar Hero 4) on their hard-drive would take up a lot of room, and many people wouldn't be able to download as many songs... (Excluding the lucky "Elite" owners)
  4. 2 versions of the game per console... 2*3=6, 6 versions of the game is not likely and would drive up production costs (Harmonix/EA would have to guess very well on who would be the DLC people), which would make it too risky
  5. 2 versions of the game wouldn't mix well online... which would limit who could play with who...
  6. Most people are going to want to take the game home, pop it in, and play, am I right? Well, downloading 80+ songs is going to take some time, I mean, I have FiOS, and it took me about 30-40 minutes to download the Ninja Gaiden II demo. XBOX marketplace is SLOW... not a very user-friendly choice, especially for the casual gamer (Harmonix's biggest audience)
  7. Why even have a disc if it's all DLC anyway? why not just download the whole game... Most people don't go into stores to buy Xbox LiVE very much unless they're scared of credit cards...

I'm sorry, but with all of the Flaws listed above (especially the hard-drive fiasco), it just does not seem pheasible...

man, I thought it was a good idea.. just thought about it earlier.. can't wait to see why you disagree though, I couldn't really think of any negatives to this idea.

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Isn't this a feature of GHIV? Cool idea, best if you can use your previously bought DLC.

They wont be updating the controllers for the sequel? Think of all the money people put down on those.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I haven't heard of anything like this on GH: World Tour....

I know there is a make your own song thing, but nothing like this that I am aware of currently.. The controllers are being updated again I'm sure, but the old ones will be compatible as well, I'd say.. Not too sure, I've only seen some video about the drums in GH: World Tour and a little about the song creation.

Around the Network

"When you want to play songs from the Rock Archive, players can create a custom set list, and then choose a venue and play!"

Source

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Not what I'm talking about...

I'm talking about being able to choose from a database of songs that will be included on your game... Like a Full DLC game, but with the purchase of the game...

You would buy the game, take it home, put it in, there would be no songs on it.. You would then shop online with the points credited to your game ID and pick the initial songs you wanted included on your game...

No cowbell :(?

Yeah, that would be cool, but at this point, I'm very much excited for Guitar Hero IV and the create a song feature. I'm a bit of an backseat musician and I'd love to give that a shot.

Also, that Metallica expansion pack sells it for me. Rock Band needs full Metallica albums, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I record music and I believe I will be disappointed with the creation feature in general, although my music is purely vocal from my part, the fact that I'm in love with the process will make it hard to like GH's addition.

I really think GH should have stayed Guitar oriented.. I don't understand why they would try to compete with a game that they are dominating...

I also believe when it comes down to it that whichever comes out first will be the winner in this case.. because I personally would find it pointless to own two of this type of game