By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War 2...ON PS3?!

no, microsoft does not have rights over gears of war

Around the Network
trestres said:
@bleu: Wow, you're still trolling.

Tres, how many times do you need to be banned for trolling by calling other people trolls before you just stop? We dont need to come here and read you saying that so and so is being a troll. Its the same as if you came in every day and said "The Sun rose in the East today!!!!!"

We know, you dont have to point it out.

OT: I couldnt care less. I bought Gears the day after it came out, and I still havnt finished it. So over hyped.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Good job finding year old article!

Former something....

jerseyboy609 said:

No its not there ip, but they are funding the project hence to why they are the publishers.

mM

Well, if you know about it, Lemmiwiks, report him, make this site a favour :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

This is from 2007 dude, get real. Lock it up.

Also please explain to all of us how anything in this link provides any evidence of such a claim because there is none.

I don't know about legal issues too much but I guess they wouldn't be a problem. The same thing as with Mass Effect 2. And now that PS3's userbase is much larger (well, basically it didn't even exist back then) it would make sense too.

Not that I would be interested. GeoW just doesn't seem very interesting to me.

EDIT: Wait, it's that old? Well, I guess it's not even nearly impossible but this kills most of the credibility (there wasn't much to begin with either, though).

All of the energy of the mouse click to see that the link was dated March 24th, 2007.

leo-j said:
jerseyboy609 said:

No its not there ip, but they are funding the project hence to why they are the publishers.

MS DOES NOT OWN THE IP, Epic does.  MS may publush or fund it, but they do not own the IP.  and with the UT3 engine up and running on the PS3. it's possible for a PS3 port. 

Gears 1 and 2 are exclusive for the 360 what so hard about that, they are published by Microsoft. If it says it on the box then thats it, end of story.

You could say " but look at Bioshock". But that game was not published by Microsoft and it did not say 360 exclusive on the box.

Gears 3 has a chance of going to PS3, but i doubt we will see it this gen, maybe next and i'm pretty sure Epic will do another deal with Microsoft for that one.