By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm getting the Wii, could you name 7 core games and 3 casuals ?

Casual
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Mario Kart Wii

Core
Smash Bros Brawl
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
No More Heroes
Super Mario Galaxy
Metal Slug Anthology
Super Paper Mario

Around the Network
Norfliver said:

Please, 7 core games for me and 3 casuals (my girldfriend and me)

By the way, just in case, i can beat Ikaruga !

Okay, thanks a lot for your suggestions, i've done some research with those titles to help me get the best for my money

BTW, yes i'm buying 10 games straight away ! When you want to try something, you can't base your perceptions on just 1 game, you have to try a lot of different experiences (at least, that's what i was told, Wii lets you try a different gaming experience).

In the end, that's my choice:

Resident Evil 4
The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption
Okami
No more Heroes
Medal of honor heroes 2 (there is some casual shooting i heard)
Super Mario Galaxy (you can play with someone)

Mario Kart Wii (That's both core and casual, i think ?)
Wii Fit
We Ski

Thank you again and sorry if your choices were not taken, it comes down to tastes and i do not have unlimited money...

;)

Good choices, although I am surprised you aren't getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Either way, with the list you've written, you'll have a lot of single player value, and quite a bit of multiplayer value as well.

Nice choice there but for me I am not too sure about wii fit O.o as I have not played yet and if anything hard to find still

Since you mentioned Ikaruga, then Im gonna suggest Castle of Shikigami 3. It has 10 unique characters(ships) with different standard attacks, Shikigami attacks and bomb attacks, different story for each character or in 2 player character combo, and a ton of options. Lots of difficulty modes and once you beat the game once you can adjust gamespeed, bullet speed and some other stuff. Best off its only $30

Its not so hard as Ikaruga to beat on normal with some of the best caracters like Roger the International Ninja, but there are so many options you can make it just as hard if not harder. Also Blastworks is pretty decent the missions are nowhere near as fun as CoS3 but you can create your own enemies, levels, bullet patterns, backgrounds and playerships and download otherpeoples at www.blastworksdepot.com

Also by saying you can beat Ikaruga how many credits does it take? cos I can beat it but Its like 13-14, used to be able to do it in about 7 but the last couple of levels get me all the time.

Around the Network

Er how bout 10 good games?

BoomBlox
GhostSquad is fun
NiGHTS underrated
Mario
Smash
Sonic is OK -- you can get it cheeeeap
Geometry Wars friggin nobody played, and it's great
WarioWare
No More Heroes is OK
Res 4/Okami is you didn't play them originally (although RE4 is much improved on Wii, period)

Most of those anyone could play & enjoy. Don't forget about Zack & Wiki, which should be tops on your Wii list.

You gotta get Metroid Prime 3 and No More Heroes, these games deserve to sell better.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Core:
1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
2. Fire Emblem
3. Okami
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Excite Truck
6. Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution
7. Red Steel (only local mp fps)
Casual: I only played Mario & Sonic. SP sucks MP is okay

I really wouldn't get No More Heroes if I where you. I think it's overrated but that is just me. You should play the games at a friend's house first. They can be really different then everyone says.

Shissy said:

Hardcore:
Super Mario Galaxy
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Okami
Zack and Wiki
Resident Evil 4: Wii Editon

Casual:
Mario Kart Wii
Boom Blox
WarioWare: Smooth Moves

This is my list, except replace Zack & Wiki with No More Heroes and WW:SM with Wii Play.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

viewtiful_jon said:

Since you mentioned Ikaruga, then Im gonna suggest Castle of Shikigami 3. It has 10 unique characters(ships) with different standard attacks, Shikigami attacks and bomb attacks, different story for each character or in 2 player character combo, and a ton of options. Lots of difficulty modes and once you beat the game once you can adjust gamespeed, bullet speed and some other stuff. Best off its only $30

Its not so hard as Ikaruga to beat on normal with some of the best caracters like Roger the International Ninja, but there are so many options you can make it just as hard if not harder. Also Blastworks is pretty decent the missions are nowhere near as fun as CoS3 but you can create your own enemies, levels, bullet patterns, backgrounds and playerships and download otherpeoples at www.blastworksdepot.com

Also by saying you can beat Ikaruga how many credits does it take? cos I can beat it but Its like 13-14, used to be able to do it in about 7 but the last couple of levels get me all the time.

Back in the day, i was only playing Ikaruga and Resident Evil : Veronica's code on the Dreamcast. So i played A LOT  of Ikaruga. I don't remember exactly, but i think that i had 5 lives and 3 continue on the EASY mode.

Even now, i think that a lot of "self-proclaim" hardcore gamers would have some problems finishing Ikaruga. (I'm not an hardcore gamer, i just had ONLY those titles for 2 years ! Just 2 games) ;)