By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony launches teaser site for their next exclusive title

Anyone know Japanese?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Anyone know Japanese?

Nope and google doesnt translate it. Thats why when i visited the site before reading what sony said I thought it might not have been what we were led to believe.

NJ5 said:
I don't think there's much of a market for this on the PS3 (or maybe even anywhere, depending on how well it's made), but good luck to them.

That's kind've the point.  They're trying to expand the market to which the ps3 caters.  Remember, games sell systems.  Systems don't sell games.

makingmusic476 said:
NJ5 said:
I don't think there's much of a market for this on the PS3 (or maybe even anywhere, depending on how well it's made), but good luck to them.

That's kind've the point.  They're trying to expand the market to which the ps3 caters.  Remember, games sell systems.  Systems don't sell games.

That's true... But I don't know if there's space for two mainstream consoles in one generation. Maybe once Sony reduces PS3's price and if they make a series of titles appealing to the mainstream it can work, but that will take time. Wasn't that the way it worked for the PS2?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

not my kind of game

but good for the casual market.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
makingmusic476 said:
NJ5 said:

That's true... But I don't know if there's space for two mainstream consoles in one generation. Maybe once Sony reduces PS3's price and if they make a series of titles appealing to the mainstream it can work, but that will take time. Wasn't that the way it worked for the PS2?

They're certainly attempting it.  They're already pushing titles like SingStar, and they're releasing the Buzz! series in NA for the first time later this year (formerly is was exclusive to Europe).  .

And then there's LittleBigPlanet.  It's a game that caters to both casuals and the hardcore, and Sony is really pushing it.  They've often referred to it as their "biggest" release this holiday, above even Resistance 2, and TV spots for the title have already begun.

How will it work out for them?  I can't really say, but I do expect the ps3 to continue to gain momentum over the next couple of years.  They won't come close to the Wii in sales, but they will finish quite respectably in the end.

Edit:  Oh yeah.  I left out Home.  These types of services are pretty popular on the PC, and Home's integration with the PSN and ps3 games makes it quite a robust system.  It could point mainstram gamers towards the ps3 along with these other titles.