By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony launches teaser site for their next exclusive title

So, some Sony executive thought "What do women like to do?" and decided to green light this game?

I suppose we should expect a game called "Dishwashing " in the near future

Around the Network

My daughters will be all over that, if its good. Therein lies its potential.

HappySqurriel said:

So, some Sony executive thought "What do women like to do?" and decided to green light this game?

I suppose we should expect a game called "Dishwashing " in the near future

I don't think comparing clothing design to a household chore is... very accurate. One is art, the other just sucks. If your mother was as addicted to stuff like quilting and crafts as mine (and *many* people), you might understand why this would probably appeal to a large number young female "gamers".

rocketpig said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't see why this is such a bad idea. Okay, yes, it does look stupid. But that's the same thing 90% of us said about Imagine: Babies, and yet it's made Ubisoft millions upon millions of dollars and is close to selling 2 million. And hey, it might actually not be half bad.

I don't blame Sony for going after this kind of market but it doesn't mean I have to buy it.

Hey, no one expects you to.

HappySqurriel: You know, the exploitation of this game towards the casual market isn't half as bad as what Nintendo, Microsoft, Electronic Arts, or Ubisoft have done. I mean, games like Cooking Mama and the Imagine series were obviously just ideas of what little girls would like to play, and they've sold well.

MontanaHatchet said:
rocketpig said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't see why this is such a bad idea. Okay, yes, it does look stupid. But that's the same thing 90% of us said about Imagine: Babies, and yet it's made Ubisoft millions upon millions of dollars and is close to selling 2 million. And hey, it might actually not be half bad.

I don't blame Sony for going after this kind of market but it doesn't mean I have to buy it.

HappySqurriel: You know, the exploitation of this game towards the casual market isn't half as bad as what Nintendo, Microsoft, Electronic Arts, or Ubisoft have done. I mean, games like Cooking Mama and the Imagine series were obviously just ideas of what little girls would like to play, and they've sold well.

I'll give you Ubisoft, but I don't think you can really claim that Nintendo, Microsoft or Electronic Arts has done anything (extremely) explotative ... Much like Cooking Mama this game will (entirely) depend on how it is delivered, my initial reaction was based off of the countless "Dress Barbie" (or whatnot) games that are made to exploit little girls.

Around the Network

I think this is for home

I also hope that this is not one of Sony's secret announcements for E3,,,,

HappySqurriel said:
MontanaHatchet said:
rocketpig said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I'll give you Ubisoft, but I don't think you can really claim that Nintendo, Microsoft or Electronic Arts has done anything (extremely) explotative ... Much like Cooking Mama this game will (entirely) depend on how it is delivered, my initial reaction was based off of the countless "Dress Barbie" (or whatnot) games that are made to exploit little girls.

Well then, I don't know. If the companies I listed (save for Ubisoft) haven't done anything "extremely" exploitative, then I would say that this isn't very exploitative either. Sony's just aiming for the casual market like any other company, and I can assure you that the four I listed aren't too innocent either. Besides, Sony has a decent track record of casual games, so this might not be too bad.

Dressing ♥ Mama, here we come.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Dressing ♥ Mama, here we come.

Blecch, would be nothing be Mom Jeans...

Releasing a casual/female title like this on the current build of PS3 or 360 is a strategy devised by idiots.

In order to succeed in the casual market, both hardware and software have to be carefully designed in sync not to scare the casual crowd. Not just software. Not just hardware. Both.

Take controller for example. The genius of Wiimote is not the motion-sensor. It's that it's got no button that says "start". It only says +/-, creating the illusion that it's not a game controller and hence reducing the psychological barrier casuals face.

Trying to sell this game to women on a dark big noisy console with a controller with tons of buttons is simply a schizophrenic business strategy. They should fire whoever responsible.

But that said, personally, I sorta want this game. lol

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann