By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 3 coming in August 26th for $50

Kasz216 said:

Has gameplay in there too.

Dang, that game looks so amazing. Is the PSP version like that (fully voice acted, haliaroius, and over the top battles?)

That clip reminded me of the 4 turtle brothers from Paper Mario for N64.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Kasz216 said:
Torillian said:
Kasz you have to find the power ranger knockoffs from the first one. Those guys were hilarious.

Hah exactly what i went looking for. Sadly could only find their Disgaea 2 appearances.

This has actually inspired me to get back to Disgaea 3.

You already have Disgaea 3? How is it?

Anyway, the Disgaea series is great however it is LOOOOOOONG. Do not buy these games unless you have a lot of time to put into them. The over 100 hours of gameplay statement you see on the back of the box is not optional gameplay, it's mandatory.

Meant 2.  All i've seen of 3 is the gameplay footage they have.  For me over half the allure of Disgaea is the language... so i need a translated version.

Hawkeye said:
Kasz216 said:

Has gameplay in there too.

Dang, that game looks so amazing. Is the PSP version like that (fully voice acted, haliaroius, and over the top battles?)

That clip reminded me of the 4 turtle brothers from Paper Mario for N64.

The PSP version is Disgaea 1 that's also out on the PS2... so it should be.

Words Of Wisdom said:
tombi123 said:
JRPG Domination begins 26/08/08

Maybe not, but considering the Disgaea series freakish addictiveness, you will be able to declare part of the PS3 fanbase legally dead for a month or two.

Yeah.  Heck maybe more.   I think some peopel spend years on that game on and off.

I get it more then the Fire Emblem Fantatics. I mean Fire Emblem games are great... but i'm going to play through em... 5-6 times max in my life.

I mean to get all the unlockables in Path of Radiance you have to beat that game 15 times!

I mean Disgaea at least has "infinite" possibilties with the random item worlds.

Kasz216 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
tombi123 said:
JRPG Domination begins 26/08/08

Maybe not, but considering the Disgaea series freakish addictiveness, you will be able to declare part of the PS3 fanbase legally dead for a month or two.

Yeah.  Heck maybe more.   I think some peopel spend years on that game on and off.

I get it more then the Fire Emblem Fantatics. I mean Fire Emblem games are great... but i'm going to play through em... 5-6 times max in my life.

I mean to get all the unlockables in Path of Radiance you have to beat that game 15 times!

I mean Disgaea at least has "infinite" possibilties with the random item worlds.

One of those possibilities includes a level 500 pirate attacking a level 30 team.  Thanks to some healthy Lift/Throw maneuvers, the team luckily made it to the exit in the next turn... but that sucks.

One of the other possibilities is a level 200 pirate spawning and attack your characters... which are standing on red invincibility geo panels.

I like the latter much better...

Around the Network

Truly one of the top games this gen for me. Cannot wait.

Darth, while the gameplay is somewhat similar, the atmosphere, characters and dialogue is completely different.

I may end up getting this instead of Tales of Vesperia (was not really impressed with demo videos). Plus, my PS3 needs some Japanese Anime type games.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

i cant beleive its not full price,they probably think it wont sell to good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:

I doubt that dev costs are anywhere near most PS3 games.  Most of the stuff is just facelifted PS1 graphics.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

brute said:

It won't. NIS strategy games basically sell to the same few smucks like me over and over again.

Hopefully it does breakout though... it only opened to half the sales it normally gets on the PS2 though in Japan.

That was better then i expected though. Really it deserves a lot more sales then it gets.

NI said they spend like... I think it was a year (maybe 9 months) studying the PS3's aritecture getting to know the code before they started making the game. So they sunk a LOT of time on the game and deserve some more sales for that at least.

Still... they shouldn't lose money. I mean the graphics just look brighter to me and slightly changed... like they do with every game mostly.

I must admit my favorite NIS game gameplay wise is Phantom Brave and my favorite Story wise is "Soul Nomad and the World Devourers" though.