By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO - Body Damage Debate..

I've noticed that the locations for spawning are very poor in one of the levels. In a deathmatch, I was spawning right next to someone else. I barely had a chance to move before I was gunned down. Other times players were spawning next to me...made for easy kills though.

Around the Network

MGO needs work. The number of shots turned me off too. However, I still have so many plays of mgs4 to finish so i really don't care and I'll rather stick to COD4 online because I'm really good at that game and I'd hate to start dying like a noob again!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

rocketpig said:
Body shots in that game suck. I was forced to adapt my play style and as a result, 3/4 of my kills are headshots.

I have literally unloaded two clips into a moron "hiding" from point blank range and he didn't die.

Body damage is completely out of whack in this game.

sounds like the beta

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Yea, body shots can be a little crazy. If you can aim near the head and do short bursts, that can work a little better though that's mainly for a little more distance.

You could try doing auto-aim if you're right next to somebody so you'll be guaranteed on hits to the body once you lock on. The thing I hate about auto-aim is how when you aim, the camera gets readjusted to behind the character rather than the character turning to face the camera like when you're aiming over the shoulder. That is very frustrating if you have auto-aim on.

GodofWine said:

I started an argument elsewhere about the 'massive' amounts of body damage one can take in MGO without dying.

Frankly, It beginning to be a drag on the game to me, sneaking behind a guy who is crouching, and aiming an M4 (or any gun for that matter) and dispatching 3-5 shells of hot lead into his torso should be a kill.

Dropping what seems like a full clip (or enough to kill a small rhino) into him and having him either:

1 - run away

2 - I run out of rounds after like 12 shots, reload, while he turns around and fires off a lucky one shot that hits me in the face, killing me

3 - me firing a clip alerts his team where I am, and they kill me

So now I spend all my time aiming for the head, which is so not realistic, while all other aspects of the game are quite good at being true to life. 

3-4 rounds out of even the smallest sub-machine gun will drop 99% of men if it hits them in the chest / back / torso.

So, my question, what is your opinion on damage in terms of body shots? (they got head shots right, one and done, but I think the body should be like 5 max) 

well it seems the problem here is your using the M4. I'm not surprised it takes 3-5 shots to kill with those tiny 5.56mm bullets.

It would only take 1-2 shots with the AK-47's massive 7.62mm round. haha that is if you can control the massive recoil.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
GodofWine said:
rocketpig said:
Body shots in that game suck. I was forced to adapt my play style and as a result, 3/4 of my kills are headshots.

I have literally unloaded two clips into a moron "hiding" from point blank range and he didn't die.

Good...Im not alone / crazy.

I guess this why Im looking forward to SOCOM.

Ditto. Warhawk just didn't draw me in and MGO is pretty mediocre overall IMO.

Here's hoping that SOCOM kicks ass.

Something tells me you'll find some minor fault in SOCOM, too, and you'll just focus on that.

MGO does so much right, so much unique, that it is quite worth going for headshots. My experience with MGO is that it is the best online experience out there right now. It did take some adjusting to (coming off CoD4 and others), but it is really worth it. I think playing the single player MGS4 will lessen the controls barrier for people, too.

As for realism, 1 shot to the head can kill someone, but many shots to a kevlar-protected body might not.

I agree with windbane MGO became a much better game after playing MGS4.

windbane said:
rocketpig said:
GodofWine said:
rocketpig said:

Good...Im not alone / crazy.

I guess this why Im looking forward to SOCOM.

Ditto. Warhawk just didn't draw me in and MGO is pretty mediocre overall IMO.

Here's hoping that SOCOM kicks ass.

Something tells me you'll find some minor fault in SOCOM, too, and you'll just focus on that.

MGO does so much right, so much unique, that it is quite worth going for headshots. My experience with MGO is that it is the best online experience out there right now. It did take some adjusting to (coming off CoD4 and others), but it is really worth it. I think playing the single player MGS4 will lessen the controls barrier for people, too.

As for realism, 1 shot to the head can kill someone, but many shots to a kevlar-protected body might not.

You just won't give up, will you?

There are several people bitching about the same thing yet you point me out as if I'm making something up. I didn't even start the thread.

But, if you want me to go off on MGO, I'll be happy to:

- The lack of aiming speed options are fine for MGS4 but for online gaming, they just don't cut it.
- Midtown Maelstrom is a poorly designed sniper whore map.
- People not talking to each other in a team game sucks.
- CQC is borderline broken in online combat. Just mash buttons and hope something good happens.
- Adding skillset customization and making us pay for everything past the first character is bullshit.
- Not using the PSN login or structure is also bullshit.

Happy now? I could keep going on all day.

Shit, Warhawk is a vastly superior game to MGO. At least there aren't glaring control & hit location faults in that game and at least Sony isn't trying to charge me a quarter every time I hop in a Warhawk. Besides, no console shooter will ever get the title "best online experience going." Sorry, PC games will hold that title for the forseeable future.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@rocketpig

I know warhawk didn't grab you but it is still a good game.

dawve24 said:
@rocketpig

I know warhawk didn't grab you but it is still a good game.

Absolutely. I'm just not a "vehicle shooter" type of guy. I admit that there's nothing intrinsically wrong with the game, it just doesn't cater to my tastes.

A game like SOCOM is much more my style and I was hoping MGO would tide me over until it releases. Unfortunately, MGO is entirely "meh" and feels unfinished. I've been gaming in online shooters for 12 years now and I'm sorry but I was playing games released in 1999 that were more entertaining and less broken than MGO.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/