By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO - Body Damage Debate..

@rocketpig

I enjoy MGO but I agree that it seems some what unfinished, although I do believe it has potential through expansions. As long as konami don't turn it into a huge cash grab to make it all it should be.

Around the Network
dawve24 said:
@rocketpig

I enjoy MGO but I agree that it seems some what unfinished, although I do believe it has potential through expansions. As long as konami don't turn it into a huge cash grab to make it all it should be.

Sure, any game can improve with expansions. Counter-Strike, while fun, was a giant mess until Beta 7.

But if we're rating the game as-is off the disc, it's entirely mediocre. There are just as many faults as there are pluses in the game.

It sure isn't the best online experience around, that's for sure. MGO can't hold CoD4's jock. Shit, I question whether it's any better than Haze's online, actually. Haze's online was one of the better pieces of the game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I really can't believe that you people are claiming MGO is good online.

The level design is horrid for a TPS, with levels feeling like they belong in CS more than what this game is trying to accomplish. Aiming and moving your character isn't smooth as the controls feel sluggish and unresponsive. The online aspect; characters, lobbies and login, is just fucking stupid.

Feel free to bash the shit out of me for not having enough "skill" to "get" MGO. Its just a so-so shooter with a terrible online system. If you want to play a third-person shooter then there are tons of other games on the market that are more worthwhile.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

^*cough*Rainbox 6*cough*GRAW*cough*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

sieanr said:
I really can't believe that you people are claiming MGO is good online.

The level design is horrid for a TPS, with levels feeling like they belong in CS more than what this game is trying to accomplish. Aiming and moving your character isn't smooth as the controls feel sluggish and unresponsive. The online aspect; characters, lobbies and login, is just fucking stupid.

Feel free to bash the shit out of me for not having enough "skill" to "get" MGO. Its just a so-so shooter with a terrible online system. If you want to play a third-person shooter then there are tons of other games on the market that are more worthwhile.

It's just not very user-friendly. If you get into it, MGO is a very rewarding experience. I like the leveling up system and how you can specialize in different skills. It allows for a lot of diversity. I also like how it rewards you greatly for headshots. The body damage debacle is a little frustrating but if you get past that it is a very immersive exerience.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Around the Network

@sieanr

I said I enjoy the game I have never claimed it was brilliant. I am quite capable of enjoying games no matter what others think of it. Each to there own.

I have to wonder... are they wearing body armour? because if so then it makes perfect sense to me.... I mean body armour can stop most small bullets.

dawve24 said:
@sieanr

I said I enjoy the game I have never claimed it was brilliant. I am quite capable of enjoying games no matter what others think of it. Each to there own.

That wasn't directed at you. There have been several debates I've had on other forums where people claim that I'm "just not good enough". Its really not the case as I was coming on top in most of the matches I played. Its just not that enjoyable to me, especialy since there are so many other games that are a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Speaking of GRAW, that was the first game of this gen that had really great online. CTF matches were such an adreneline rush when you were running the flag back to your base.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

@sienar

No problem mate I retract that last post.

rocketpig said:
dawve24 said:
@rocketpig

I know warhawk didn't grab you but it is still a good game.

Absolutely. I'm just not a "vehicle shooter" type of guy. I admit that there's nothing intrinsically wrong with the game, it just doesn't cater to my tastes.

A game like SOCOM is much more my style and I was hoping MGO would tide me over until it releases. Unfortunately, MGO is entirely "meh" and feels unfinished. I've been gaming in online shooters for 12 years now and I'm sorry but I was playing games released in 1999 that were more entertaining and less broken than MGO.

+100$!

It is unfinished, notice why we only have 5 maps and only half the guns from the single player game; granted their fault for being unfinished but I'm sure Konami suits forced it in with MGS4.