By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GH: World Tour Insane!!!

Yeah, looks like the Wii version of GH4 is virtually identical to that on the PS3/360. Cut through all the other stuff, that's the big news.

Wii version of GH4 has all the features of the PS3/360 versions, including DLC.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

L.C.E.C
-The game and accesoires will be bundled together at launch.
-As for the graphics yeah they can be a bit nicer but for GH it doesn't really matter and can be pretty annoying while focussing on the notes.
-Shouldn't wrry much about the storage problem, this title won't launch for a while so you'll have plenty of time to see how Nintendo deals with the storage problem.

IMHO best reason to get the wii version:
The tilt function in the game. By tilting the guitar up and down (wii controller worked in the model to look as the bridge) you can change the notes frequencie (tone height) while making games in the creation studio. This addes way more notes! Offcourse the other versions will have a way of doing this but I think the wii version will have the most effective and cool way! I don't think the ps3 controller will be build in the guitar;)

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

DMeisterJ said:
Viper1 said:
Gnizmo said:
Everyone ignored it because the article is clealy wrong. DLC for a game like Guitar Hero/Rockband is impossible on the Wii! Harmonix said so when they announced their amazingly well done port of the game to the Wii! Yes I am still bitter about all the people who tried to argue against what I was saying while ignoring the heart of my arguement. This will be the last time though, I promise.

Most certainly is not.  Activision announced DLC for Wii long ago.   Rock Band won't have because the Wii version is a direct port of the DLC-less PS2 version.   They knew they were going to be releasign those song packets at retail for the PS2 versio os it made it quick and easy to do the same for Wii.

Mayday, Mayday!

Viper's sarcasm detector is broken!!! 

Mayday, Mayday!

DJMesiterJ is sticking up for anti-Wii sentiments. :-p

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Hm... the Quote that Zucas found has given me a little hope about the Wii Dev team. Slash's advice is a little helpful, but it kinda sucks if I'm going to have 3 guitars and not be able to use them all at once... It would be cool to be able to use 3 guitars, but I doubt it will happen...

I think that the game will come with a "complete" version and a "game-only" version, so no problem here.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network
Daileon said:
I think that the game will come with a "complete" version and a "game-only" version, so no problem here.

Yeah, but if they don't offer instruments (Drums, mic) seperate, then there could still be a problem.

I hope you guys actually read that article, it is 4 pages but its well worth it if you're even remotely considering the game (summary below for you lazy folks). They explain a lot of the new features in GH4 including the editor and they briefly skim over the mixer as well. If they can deliver on half the things they're talking about here they'll have themselves one hell of a good game.

Just to list what I can remember of the features:

1. Create your own Characters
    • You can customize a few features or dig in deep and fully customize it.
    • Create your own tattoos to add to your characters as well
    • Tons of clothes to buy so you and your band can look like Rock Stars.
    • All Characters from GH 2 & 3 will be there and they're also adding more famous rockers to the lineup (no specifics yet).
  2. Create your own band
    • Form your own mega-band and create your own songs and albums
    • Create your own art for your albums
    • Write your own songs in note for note detail or mix together existing songs.
    • Can be comprised of online or offline friends (its unclear if you can mix them)
  3. Customize your own instruments
    • Guitars/Bass extremely customizable
    • Drums moderately customizable
    • Microphone slightly customizable
  4. Bass now has a new note, the "open" note, which is just strumming with no buttons held down.
  5. Drums are velocity sensitive - the harder you hit it, the louder it sounds
  6. Slide neck on the Guitar allows you to control the bass and drum lines in edit mode and in addition you can add quick commands to the whammy bar like a symbol crash
  7. Tilting the guitar changes the pitch of the note you're playing
  8. Star power button is repositioned so its much easier to hit without messing yourself up
  9. New difficulty level added - Beginner - its for folks who found easy a bit tough (don't laugh I know someone).
  10. Editor also includes an arpeggiator (sounds awesome)
  11. DLC from GH3 won't work because of the changes but you can DL songs from tens of thousands of other users and they will have a rating system to allow the cream to rise to the top.
  12. Full featured careers for every instrument as well as the multiplayer co-op for the entire band.
  13. When you're playing on your character (even with other people) you will get cash for playing gigs regardless of the mode (except practice obviously).
  14. Boss battles are back but aren't done as a battle mode anymore (although Battle Mode is still around). Instead you play back and forth at each other (think Dueling Banjos)
  15. Over 85 songs without the custom or DL songs.

I'm curious to see what the RockBand guys come up with to fire back at them. Competition is truly a good thing.

To Each Man, Responsibility

@L.C.E.C.

wow, you put a lot of thought in to this! I cant say i expected it!

From looking at your situation, i think the thing to do would be get the Wii version and heres why.

1) Open room, anyone here who has played rock band will tell you the real drawing power to that game is getting 3 friends and going full out band. Large open room and bigger screen is really key when dealing with that. I would say that would trump the better sound system.

2) As far as the memory issue, i made a point before that hasnt really been picked up on that in the interview its stated that DC can be saved and played off the SD card!! Does this mean Ninty is opening it up for booting?? Or just in game access Ala custumizable soundtracks in excitetruck?? Who knows?? Either way, GH:WT DC shouldnt be an issue if you have an SD card.

3) Sounds like worst case scenario for you is having an extra GH controller if they dont sell the standalone game.I think thats a much better scenario than having to BUY more x Box peripherals.

and on a side note, the mono fiasco was addressed and i seriously doubt activision would make a blunder like that again considering the success of the Wii version of GH:3.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

As for this day, I'm officially selling my PS3 GH3.

and I'm pre-ordering.. for the first time ever. GH4.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I'm pre-ordering as well... for the Wii, of course.

Did you guys notice IGN lists it as an October release? Very nice if true...