By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GH: World Tour Insane!!!

FishyJoe said:
L.C.E.C. said:

Hmm... Just read the article. Great new Features... but I have 2 probs that I need some help with...

1. I don't know whether to get this for Wii or XBOX 360. I already have 2 GHIII Wii guitars.

2. I don't get the big upgrade with the touch-sensitive neck. Could someone please explain it to me??? What exactly will I be missing out on???

I think the touch sensitive neck will allow things like finger tapping and slides.

It's also supposedly taken advantage of in create-a-song mode.

These drums also have a plethora of features that Rock Band doesn't.

I can't wait to play Guitar Hero Metallica on these drums, lol.

I'm glad my brother purchased Rock Band, so I have an excuse to buy this game for myself. It does look better than any music hardware I've ever seen, and it has an entire CD dedicated to Metallica. Epic win.

The game is obviously aiming at the hardcore guitar hero fanbase and less at the casual party base, and the first step appears to be the increased instrument and stage performance complexity. The entry for new players is definitely getting smaller and I'll be willing to bet that like the expert mode in GH3, the drums in GH4 will be much tighter and more difficult to master than in RockBand.

I can only hope that the guitar parts got even harder as to make me take months to perfect my skills on the metallica set, which as we all know, Metallica has some of the hardest songs to play on Guitar Hero and Rock Band DLC. There are no short Metallica songs.

Edit: That guitar body style looks like ESP.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Resident_Hazard said:
Gnizmo said:
Everyone ignored it because the article is clealy wrong. DLC for a game like Guitar Hero/Rockband is impossible on the Wii! Harmonix said so when they announced their amazingly well done port of the game to the Wii! Yes I am still bitter about all the people who tried to argue against what I was saying while ignoring the heart of my arguement. This will be the last time though, I promise.

I am actually fairly excitted about World Tour. The track creation system sounds like a lot of fun honestly. I am looking forward to playing the thousands of clear rip-offs of popular music that will be uploaded daily. More songs (presumably) for free! I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and explain how the system is crippled to not allow that though.

DLC on Wii is not impossible, and it never was. The only reason it wasn't done for Rock Band is because of storage issues for all the music tracks. Clearly, Activision isn't afraid to let people make that choice--which is good because it's another thing that'll work toward forcing Nintendo to finally address the storage problem. This Guitar Hero might actually be a worthwhile game. Hopefully they don't stiff us on the quality music. There better be a lot more Metal this time around!

IGN: Okay -- we can't resist: will Guitar Hero World Tour feature stereo sound?

Karthik: Yes, yes it will! Actually, we've had to significantly upgrade the technology to handle many more simultaneous audio streams than we did in GHIII for the various instruments and vocals. When you add all the other things we're doing, we're pushing the Wii CPU very hard and maintaining a smooth 60 frames per second.

No mono this time 'round... and 60fps is sesky!

Yeah, velocity sensing is definitely huge for drumming.

Daileon said:
Gnizmo said:
Everyone ignored it because the article is clealy wrong. DLC for a game like Guitar Hero/Rockband is impossible on the Wii! Harmonix said so when they announced their amazingly well done port of the game to the Wii! Yes I am still bitter about all the people who tried to argue against what I was saying while ignoring the heart of my arguement. This will be the last time though, I promise.

I am actually fairly excitted about World Tour. The track creation system sounds like a lot of fun honestly. I am looking forward to playing the thousands of clear rip-offs of popular music that will be uploaded daily. More songs (presumably) for free! I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and explain how the system is crippled to not allow that though.

Sarcasm?

At least one person got it. Seriously guys how could you miss it? I reference the free song downloads in the second paragraph! You people make me sad some days.

I have yet to try Frets on Fire but thats mostly because I don't have a good way to hook my guitar into my computer. My computer lacks a way to interface with a bluetooth device, and I am reluctant to go spend money on something I will probably tinker with once or twice and then forget about. Don't ask me why, but PC games tend to be temporary flights of fancy for me.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I got it on the "amazingly well done port" XD

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network

My guess is that Nintendo told Vicarious Visions that they are going to add a storage space solution, which is why we are getting downloadable content.

In my own little world.

did anyone notice that he says you can play the downloaded songs off of the SD card??

@L.C.E.C.

why wouldnt you get the Wii version if you already have 2 guitars? Not to mention the cheaper rice tag and the fact that the Wii version for the first time has all the features of the HD consoles?

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

Viper1 said:
Gnizmo said:

Most certainly is not.  Activision announced DLC for Wii long ago.   Rock Band won't have because the Wii version is a direct port of the DLC-less PS2 version.   They knew they were going to be releasign those song packets at retail for the PS2 versio os it made it quick and easy to do the same for Wii.

Mayday, Mayday!

Viper's sarcasm detector is broken!!! 

From the IGN interview with Activision talking about GHWT Wii:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/883/883120p2.html

IGN: Wii owners are a finicky bunch. In your opinion, why should they be truly excited about World Tour on Wii?

Karthik: I don't know if they are finicky. I think they just want more good games outside of Nintendo first party. All I can tell you is that there's a really hard working team that's dedicated to building the standard setting music game on the Wii platform. We're a bunch of Nintendo fanboys who want to push what can be done on the Wii and debunk some of the myths about what the system can and can't do. It's been a real tough project so far because we're taking the hard road...so hopefully in the end folks will really enjoy what we've done.

Finally someone who understands the truth. Thank you Activision for not giving Wii owners a gimped version. It's much appreciated.

exnoctem said:
did anyone notice that he says you can play the downloaded songs off of the SD card??

@L.C.E.C.

why wouldnt you get the Wii version if you already have 2 guitars? Not to mention the cheaper rice tag and the fact that the Wii version for the first time has all the features of the HD consoles?

Hm... well... That's what I was thinking, but Here are the unanswered questions/neutral problems I still have:

1. Are they going to sell Games and acessories seperate on launch day? Will you be able to play with 3+ guitars if not?
  2. Will DLC Data make eat up my Wii's memory? I only have 90-something blocks left. I would like to hear Nintendo's storage solution, soon.
  3. About Half of my Friends own a Wii, The other half 360's, and a few own both... I'm sick of having to choose which friends I want to play with. I want cross-platform online dammit. I know it probably won't happen though, so this will be a deciding factor...
  4. Is Vicarious Visions actually going to try on the Wii's graphics? I mean, GHIII's graphics were acceptable for a game within the Wii's first year, but with games with graphics like SMG, Brawl, and the upcoming "The Conduit" coming out, why can't a company with pockets as deep as Activision's just put a section of Neversoft developers on the Wii version, instead of having Vicarious Visions do it? I don't want the Wii version to be identical to the PS2 version.

Here are some other problems/reasons to get it for 360:

1. I have a strange setup. My Wii is in an open room with a bigger TV (with pretty good speakers), and my 360 is on a smaller (but still HD) TV with a killer stereo system plugged in.
  2. My fickle little brother has become an XBOX fanboy now, and wants it for 360.
  3. My brother (which I spoke of above) will be obsessed with the game (that's why he's better than me at it) and I won't be able to play any of my fave games on the Wii (I tend to play my Wii more than my 360)
  4. Some sound or other problem may occur again with Wii version (mono w/ GHIII)
  5. Wii version is Developed by Vicarious Visions instead of Neversoft.
  6. Online better for 360 version (maybe not if we could use the mic to talk on Wii version...)

Good things for the Wii version are that:

1. Open room, better for Drum kit & 4 players.
  2. Of course, I already have 2 Guitars, but I might end up having 3 if the game comes out only bundled (good only if game supports 3 guitars).
  3. Vibration has a nice effect.
  4. Instuments are Cheaper (less circuitry)
  5. Game Is Cheaper
  6. I like the way the Wiimote fits in, kinda stylish and cool
  7. The Controllers I have contain no problems
  8. From my personal experience, Guitars are less likely to be broken upon arrival
  9. I got a free guitar faceplate for sending 1 of my GHIII games in (still need to send my second one in), looks really sweet...

So yeah, It's still a tough desicion. SOMEONE HELP ME! X_X

Seriously though, Any answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated.

First thing is first though:

Activision, I want some Wii screenshots.