By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GH: World Tour Insane!!!

Surprised there isn't a thread about this on the forums! (artikel is two days old!)

Well anyway the new Guitar Hero is going to kick ass!

LONG READ, wii version GH!!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/882/882958p1.html

It has a slow start but from the ending of the second page it will go into a frenzy of coolness!

The music maker/edit studio sounds really promising, choosing your own root note + scales for improvisation and creating higher notes by tilting the guitar up (and visa versa down) makes sure for way more combinations then the 5 buttons given on the original guitar hero! and the touchpads (for tapping and sliding is awesome!)add palm muted effects to the mix and you got yourself a great guitar experience!

Sensative drums are also great too, could of added an extra tom imo but looks good none the less!

Last but not least: It has downloadble concent, and you can send and download (your) created songs to the in game music store!

All in all this looks great! Forget metallica and Aerosmith edition..,. get this trustworthy next instalment of the Guitar Hero franshise!

Price? Comparable to Rock band!
And that would be alot cheaper then getting real instruments on your own!:P

P.S Aside of the virtual rockawesomeness, i'm starting a band and looking for a singer in the area of Utrecht, Holland^.^ Who's up? Preverred music choice Hard rock/metal;))

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

Around the Network

Everyone ignored it because the article is clealy wrong. DLC for a game like Guitar Hero/Rockband is impossible on the Wii! Harmonix said so when they announced their amazingly well done port of the game to the Wii! Yes I am still bitter about all the people who tried to argue against what I was saying while ignoring the heart of my arguement. This will be the last time though, I promise.

I am actually fairly excitted about World Tour. The track creation system sounds like a lot of fun honestly. I am looking forward to playing the thousands of clear rip-offs of popular music that will be uploaded daily. More songs (presumably) for free! I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and explain how the system is crippled to not allow that though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Everyone ignored it because the article is clealy wrong. DLC for a game like Guitar Hero/Rockband is impossible on the Wii! Harmonix said so when they announced their amazingly well done port of the game to the Wii! Yes I am still bitter about all the people who tried to argue against what I was saying while ignoring the heart of my arguement. This will be the last time though, I promise.

I am actually fairly excitted about World Tour. The track creation system sounds like a lot of fun honestly. I am looking forward to playing the thousands of clear rip-offs of popular music that will be uploaded daily. More songs (presumably) for free! I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and explain how the system is crippled to not allow that though.

Have you tried out Frets on Fire yet? Graphically it is not as good as Guitar Hero. However, you can copy over all Playstation Guitar Hero Tracks and play those as well as create your own to share with others.

You can either play with a keyboard, which works well, or a Wii Guitar (Have not tried others, those could work as well).

http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

Gnizmo said:

Most certainly is not.  Activision announced DLC for Wii long ago.   Rock Band won't have because the Wii version is a direct port of the DLC-less PS2 version.   They knew they were going to be releasign those song packets at retail for the PS2 versio os it made it quick and easy to do the same for Wii.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

KohlyKohl said:
Gnizmo said:

Have you tried out Frets on Fire yet? Graphically it is not as good as Guitar Hero. However, you can copy over all Playstation Guitar Hero Tracks and play those as well as create your own to share with others.

You can either play with a keyboard, which works well, or a Wii Guitar (Have not tried others, those could work as well).

http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

Meh, I used frets on fire for a while. There sre serious problems...

The game lagging randomly on fast songs and the inability to fail are the most promininent.

I heard Guitar Zero is better though.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Gnizmo said:

Most certainly is not. Activision announced DLC for Wii long ago. Rock Band won't have because the Wii version is a direct port of the DLC-less PS2 version. They knew they were going to be releasign those song packets at retail for the PS2 versio os it made it quick and easy to do the same for Wii.

Dang---just beat me to it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Gnizmo said:

DLC on Wii is not impossible, and it never was. The only reason it wasn't done for Rock Band is because of storage issues for all the music tracks. Clearly, Activision isn't afraid to let people make that choice--which is good because it's another thing that'll work toward forcing Nintendo to finally address the storage problem. This Guitar Hero might actually be a worthwhile game. Hopefully they don't stiff us on the quality music. There better be a lot more Metal this time around!

Hmm... Just read the article. Great new Features... but I have 2 probs that I need some help with...

1. I don't know whether to get this for Wii or XBOX 360. I already have 2 GHIII Wii guitars.

2. I don't get the big upgrade with the touch-sensitive neck. Could someone please explain it to me??? What exactly will I be missing out on???

Gnizmo said:

Sarcasm?

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

L.C.E.C. said:

Hmm... Just read the article. Great new Features... but I have 2 probs that I need some help with...

1. I don't know whether to get this for Wii or XBOX 360. I already have 2 GHIII Wii guitars.

2. I don't get the big upgrade with the touch-sensitive neck. Could someone please explain it to me??? What exactly will I be missing out on???

I think the touch sensitive neck will allow things like finger tapping and slides.